USB port does not work :(
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By erb

Thread: USB port does not work :(

USB port does not work :(

Hi,

i just got my new CIVIC 2012 EX with navi and wanted to plug in my iphone / harddisk. When i plug in both, nothing happens and when i click on source USB there is written disconnnected. At least the hard disk has blue light so there seems to be juice on it but I'm not sure if I'm missing something. Any advice how to get that to work?

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

You should go back to the dealer and have them give you a proper run down on how everything works and if there's any problems let them repair it the same time.

i had no usb device with me at that time when i got the car today. Maybe I have something not activated or so, dunno. Everything else is actually fine, so I'm not sure if its a software thing. Has the iphone to be in a special mode if connected via USB? VIa bluetooth it works perfectly

2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM Marchael's Avatar
    that happened to me once but hasnt happened since with my ipod cuz it wouldnt read it. just unplug your iphone, restart the car or something. thats how i got mine to work. does it say on your iphone that "this accesorie is not support"?
    2012 Taffeta White LX Sedan
    Member ID: 926
    FB2 Squad #22
    R18 Crew #549

MY GARAGE
    http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/gar...vehicle&v=1841

2014 FB2/FB6 JANUARY ROTM Winner
    2013 FB2/FG3 JANUARY ROTM Winner

was exactly that for me. Just unplugged. tried again works now. Reads everything tada. Just one other thing. The hard disk is a 2.5 250 GB and he can connect to that too but says no files. Although there are files on it. But i must maybe mention i formatted it with FAT32. Anyone knows if it has to be NTFS?

Hard drives are not supported unless you have something else to power your drive - it will only work for memory sticks or iPods and such... there isn't enough juice in the port to spin up a hard drive.

erb
    If you really want to use a usb hard drive you will need to make sure it accepts 2 USB connections (1 for power, 1 for read) plug the car into one of the usb slots of the hard drive and then use a cigarette lighter adapter/usb to plug the other end of the usb in and then you will have power. (Lots of cell phone cigarette lighter chargers double as usb chargers too)

That will give you the power, however hard drives can't take the type of vibration that comes from being in a vehicle so its a bad idea to put an external hard drive in your car anyway. You can get a 16/32gb usb flash drive and accomplish the same thing without requiring extra power or being susceptible to shocks/bumps

My experience so far has been the USB port will read my Android 2.2 (Mytouch4g) but only with USB debugging disabled on the phone (I use USB debugging turned on to root the phone on boot)

One of my favorite things so far is using a stereo/aux cable to connect my headphone jack to the cars AUX connector so I can use Google Music in the car which gives me access to my 60gb library as long as there is a network connection it works awesome.

One last thing I noticed was my Android didn't show up right away it took me plugging/unplugging it in over a few days before it finally started showing up (just an FYI)
    Digger likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.