Pandora AVRCP Bluetooth support on Android (Album/Track Information)
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pandora AVRCP Bluetooth support on Android (Album/Track Information)

Nooblets

Cool Pandora AVRCP Bluetooth support on Android (Album/Track Information)

Hello everyone, this is my first post on the forums so I decided I'd try and make it an epic one. I just bought a 2013 Civic last week, and am loving the car, but as many others probably noticed, Android has been neglected by Honda's iMid computer system.

Android in general seems to lack many new Bluetooth features that have been around for quite some time, including the AVRCP 1.3 Bluetooth stack. This allows for the transmission of track/album/artist information to the Heads Up Display on the center console. If you are a cell phone modder like myself, you will find many custom roms support the AVRCP 1.3 Bluetooth stack and you can get track information displayed on the dash, but only when using the built in music player.

What I have for you today is a modified version of the Latest Pandora application for android that has been tweaked to output track/album/artist information if your Android OS supports AVRCP 1.3.

What this means for you is that if you can currently get track information over Bluetooth from your Android device, then installation of the modified Pandora application will let you do the same for streaming music over Pandora.

NOTES:

There are other Android roms that support the AVRCP 1.3 Bluetooth stack, including the Samsung Galaxy SIII (and possibly other TouchWiz based devices), you don't necessarily need a custom rom, but do not expect this to work if you cannot currently see track information with your default music player.

You must remove the Pandora application from the market from your android device prior to installing as the modified application is not signed using Pandora's official keyfile.

There are no changes to the application except for the addition of the track/album/artist information to the Bluetooth stream. Current version is 4.1.2

This can also be done with Spotify as well. I only use Pandora for my streaming, so if there is sufficient demand, I can make the changes to the Spotify application as well.

If you are still skeptical, here is the source of the changes to the Pandora application: https://github.com/loganakamatsu/PandoraAVRCP
    Thanks to developer loganakamatsu for providing the bulk of the patch!

For AVRCP support for Spotify, click here: Spotify AVRCP Bluetooth support on Android (Album/Track Information)
    I have also added some modified apk files for a version of Pandora with no advertisements which have also been modified to support the additional AVRCP data. These apk files were provided by other members of the forum and I can not guarantee their safety, please use at your own risk.

DOWNLOAD:

Pandora 5.0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhz0enr60a...andora_5.0.apk

Pandora 4.4
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fgas0678y8....4.4.AVRCP.apk

Pandora 4.3
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ku8y5rd7i6....4.3.AVRCP.apk

Pandora 4.1.2
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/unj1211bki....android-1.apk

Pandora 5.0 No Ads (Use at your own risk)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqdyss014x...c_Rydah805.apk

Pandora 4.4 No Ads (Use at your own risk)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxk0eml5u1...s.Rydah805.apk

Pandora 4.2 No Ads (Use at your own risk)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8pf5y1spi...s.Rydah805.apk

Pandora 4.1.2 No Ads (Use at your own risk)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/u4vkql17y8....NoAds.AsX.apk
    Last edited by LouerAdun; 12-07-2013 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Updated links with latest version
    lacrv and Protonus like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Very interesting, thanks for the post.

What about getting pandora information to so up on our i-Mids using a Galaxy S3 on a '12 Si? Can this be done without a rooted phone or hacked iMid?
    2012 Rallye Red Si Coupe
    Engine Mods:
    Ported & Bored RBC IM, J37 ZDX TB & TBS, 3.5" PRL CAI & IM Adapter, Full-Race 3" Catted Downpipe & Exhaust, Hondata FlashPro
    Suspension Mods:
    Eibach Anti-Roll Kit & Pro-Kit Springs
    Other Mods:
    VMS Racing Short Shift Adapter, Hybrid Racing Shifter Base Bushings
    edyno'd at: 218whp, 190wtq - Tuned by VitViper (before RBC Swap) End RBC Tune 230ish whp
    For Sale:
    JL Audio ZR800
    Audio Mods: Kicker CompVT 12" Sub, KX400.1 Amp, DS-65's Speakers & SecondSkin

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by RR'12SiCp View Post
    Very interesting, thanks for the post.

What about getting pandora information to so up on our i-Mids using a Galaxy S3 on a '12 Si? Can this be done without a rooted phone or hacked iMid?
    You should be able to do exactly that using the modified Pandora application attached. It should give you the ability to see track/album/artist information in addition to the current support for pausing/playing/skipping tracks that Pandora currently offers. The only caveat is that your phone manufacturer has to include an updated Bluetooth stack that supports AVRCP 1.3+, and the Galaxy SIII does.

Test it out and let me know how it goes, seems to be working fine on my HTC Sensation (running CyanogenMod 10) and the wife's Galaxy SIII.

Quote Originally Posted by LouerAdun View Post
    You should be able to do exactly that using the modified Pandora application attached. It should give you the ability to see track/album/artist information in addition to the current support for pausing/playing/skipping tracks that Pandora currently offers. The only caveat is that your phone manufacturer has to include an updated Bluetooth stack that supports AVRCP 1.3+, and the Galaxy SIII does.

Test it out and let me know how it goes, seems to be working fine on my HTC Sensation (running CyanogenMod 10) and the wife's Galaxy SIII.
    This is my interpretation of the instructions for download and install of the updated app you wrote/modified...
    1. download file
    2. uninstall Pandora
    3. execute the .apk file with my galaxy SIII
    4. install app
    5. re-install Pandora
    6. check it out with car and see if it works

Sound about right? Or do I have to follow the crazy install info on the page you linked?
    2012 Rallye Red Si Coupe
    Engine Mods:
    Ported & Bored RBC IM, J37 ZDX TB & TBS, 3.5" PRL CAI & IM Adapter, Full-Race 3" Catted Downpipe & Exhaust, Hondata FlashPro
    Suspension Mods:
    Other Mods:
    edyno'd at: 218whp, 190wtq - Tuned by VitViper (before RBC Swap) End RBC Tune 230ish whp
    For Sale:
    JL Audio ZR800

Nooblets
    The file attached is the Pandora install file already modified and ready to go. Copy the file over to your phones SD card and open it with a file explorer and it will prompt you to install.

You will need to uninstall the original Pandora and turn on the setting to allow installations from unknown sources in your settings prior to installing the modified Pandora file.

Quote Originally Posted by LouerAdun View Post
    The file attached is the Pandora install file already modified and ready to go. Copy the file over to your phones SD card and open it with a file explorer and it will prompt you to install.

You will need to uninstall the original Pandora and turn on the setting to allow installations from unknown sources in your settings prior to installing the modified Pandora file.
    Yep. Thanks, I gathered that after I dug a little deeper. Why has this not been done this in the first place by the makers?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    2012 Rallye Red Si Coupe
    Engine Mods:
    Suspension Mods:
    Other Mods:
    For Sale:
    JL Audio ZR800

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by RR'12SiCp View Post
    Yep. Thanks, I gathered that after I dug a little deeper. Why has this not been done this in the first place by the makers?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Since Android does not have support for AVRCP 1.3 (official stock Android that is), perhaps they decided that implementing AVRCP 1.3 features was not necessary. Unfortunately this is not ideal for us that do have AVRCP 1.3+ on their Android devices.

Were you able to get the app working on your SIII?

Question

Hey can you do this with my pandora one application if I send u the APK? It doesn't require log in name and the ads are removed. Just would like this feature. I tested the app above and works perfectly just want it done to one that has no ads and unlimited skips

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by Jleech330 View Post
    Hey can you do this with my pandora one application if I send u the APK? It doesn't require log in name and the ads are removed. Just would like this feature. I tested the app above and works perfectly just want it done to one that has no ads and unlimited skips
    I can give it a shot. Just curious, is the Pandora One application available directly through Pandora after activating a Pandora One subscription? The reason why I ask is because I do not see it in the market. I originally assumed that the regular Pandora application simply doesn't serve ads or limit skips if you sign in with a premium account with the paid service.

I have sent you a PM with my email address, forward the APK file to me, and I'll see what I can do.

Nooblets
    Attached is the modded APK Jleech330 had sent me with support for AVRCP and no ads and unlimited skips.

I have tested the application, and it does open and function, but I am not near my car so i can not test the AVRCP functions, but it should work.

NOTES:

Please note that the previous modder had signed the APK file with the same signature, so it will install over my modified Pandora version. The version that I had originally included in the OP is a newer version (4.1.2) and installing this version without uninstalling the newer version I had modded will result in Pandora force closing when opened. Please uninstall whatever version of Pandora you have before installing one of these modified files.

Just a heads up to anyone who wants to use this Pandora apk file with no ads and unlimited skips; USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. If Pandora bans your account for skipping too many songs, please do not try and hold me liable. Consider yourself warned.

DOWNLOAD:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u4vkql17y8....NoAds.AsX.apk
    Last edited by LouerAdun; 03-20-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.