OEM mic to aftermarket radio/gps/bluetooth, etc.
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 2.4Si

Thread: OEM mic to aftermarket radio/gps/bluetooth, etc.

Super Mod's Pet

OEM mic to aftermarket radio/gps/bluetooth, etc.

Anyone know how to do it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Ya you can either get an adapter or splice it... Check with deck manufacturer for a honda adaptor.
    Digger and JoinTheBattle like this.

where is the location of the factory mic wire?

Super Mod's Pet
    I think the mic goes directly to the plug at the HFT unit. Someone please check. Otherwise I heard that you can tap into the plug at the dome lights. It should have 3 wires (something like +/- and shield) but I am not sure which one.

Quote Originally Posted by 82801BA View Post
    I think the mic goes directly to the plug at the HFT unit. Someone please check. Otherwise I heard that you can tap into the plug at the dome lights. It should have 3 wires (something like +/- and shield) but I am not sure which one.
    Does anyone know what wire (color) to splice into at the bluetooth module harness behind the glove box for the stock mic in between the map lights? I would like to splice my mic wire into the stock mic for bluetooth. Would this work?
    2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe
    Ralleye Red

did anyone ever figure this out?
    2012 Civic Sedan EX in Dyno Blue Pearl V1
    Have:
    LED Dome, License, DTRL, and Trunk lights; Morimoto Mini H1 with 6000k bulbs; Dual Accord Horn upgrade;
    Soon:
    Full Stereo Overhaul, Seat Covers, light overlays, led dtrls, hid backup lights, black grill.

Not sure if this helps but was all I could find. If you go to the "other" civic website, theirs a lot more info with audio stuff.
    2013 PMM Si Sedan

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by ibebarrett View Post
    did anyone ever figure this out?
    This is from the 2012 schematics that I have...

Mic:
    Pin 2 blu mic +
    Pin 3 pink mic -
    There is no shield wire connected to the mic connector itself. This wire starts about 3/4 to 1 inch up the + & - wires and is wound around the wires.

Mic to HFL: wire colors change after going through the interior fuse block at connector C214.
    Pin 1 brn mic +
    Pin 2 yel mic -
    Pin 3 gry (shield)

If you use the stock mic on an aftermarket radio the performance will not be as good. The new radios have noise cancellation etc built into the mic. Not worth the hassle to wire into the stock one when you will get better performance from the aftermarket mic.
    2013 Civic EX-L Sedan
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by dwstevens.com View Post
    If you use the stock mic on an aftermarket radio the performance will not be as good. The new radios have noise cancellation etc built into the mic. Not worth the hassle to wire into the stock one when you will get better performance from the aftermarket mic.
    I concur 100%. In order to avoid using my aftermarket (Pioneer) mic I first tapped into the OEM mic. While it worked, I received complaints of echos, distortion, etc on the receiving callers end. I now have the Pioneer mic mounted in the OEM location and haven't had any complaints.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.