Nokia Lumia 920 & iMID
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Nokia Lumia 920 & iMID

Big Timer!!!

Nokia Lumia 920 & iMID

Anyone have any experience with playing music over the USB connection with their Lumia? I know it'll work over the headphone jack, but more interested in the sound quality of the USB connection.

For the curious: I've about had it with Apple. I know the Android phones won't play over USB, and was wondering if the Windows phones would.

Chip H.
    2004 Lexus GX470
    Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX Sedan (lemon), 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL Pickup, 2000 Honda CR-V EX manual transmission, 1991 Honda Accord EX manual transmission

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Fig
    I have a Lumia 920 also. I just play my music through Bluetooth....no connection necessary.
    oldguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chiph View Post
    Anyone have any experience with playing music over the USB connection with their Lumia? I know it'll work over the headphone jack, but more interested in the sound quality of the USB connection.
    Chip H.
    Why don't you try it and tell us? Im a Nokia fan myself and wanna know if a windows 8 phone can play via USB

Big Timer!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by towncaptain View Post
    Why don't you try it and tell us? Im a Nokia fan myself and wanna know if a windows 8 phone can play via USB
    Because I'd like to know before dropping $450 on a new phone, or entering into a 2 year contract on one and have it turn out to not work.

Chip H.
    2004 Lexus GX470
    Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX Sedan (lemon), 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL Pickup, 2000 Honda CR-V EX manual transmission, 1991 Honda Accord EX manual transmission

Because I'd like to know before dropping $450 on a new phone, or entering into a 2 year contract on one and have it turn out to not work.

Chip H.
    $450? Nokia has lost their minds.
    K24Z7 Crew Member #195

2012 Si Coupe - Crystal Black Pearl - R.I.P.

2014 Si Coupe - Rallye Red

Big Timer!!!
    That's the price if you buy one without a contract. In comparison: an iPhone 5 32gb model is $750 without a contract.

Stuff be expensive, yo.
    Which is why I'd like to find out before buying a Lumia.

Chip H.
    2004 Lexus GX470

Didn't realize you were talking about out of contract. But why would you buy a phone out of contract and spend that much? Just so you can connect your phone via USB? Just connect your current S3 via bluetooth. Unless you really are anxious to spend $450.
    K24Z7 Crew Member #195

Chip H.
    Ahhh sorry didn't know you didn't have one yet. $450 isn't bad for a new 920 without contract though. People underestimate nokia...their hardware is good and they have the best camera and speakers in the phone business...it's just the software theyre having problems with. If they switched to android they might have a better chance than windows 8

I could never underestimate Nokia. I remember when they made phones that looked like this
    Nokia Lumia 920 & iMID-images45423.jpg
    And everybody had one or knew someone who had one of these
    Nokia Lumia 920 & iMID-nokia-3310-02.jpg

Man those phones were durable. I wonder if we can hook them up to iMid... lol
    K24Z7 Crew Member #195

my brothers lumia works seamlessly on the imid bluetooth connectivity. it even reads text messages and you can reply through the imid without even lifting the phone. Freaking awesome as i didn't think our cars could do that. my galaxy s3 streams bluetooth audio but no texting feature lol
    2012 Honda Civic EX
    Crystal Black Pearl

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.