OEM USB Port Question
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OEM USB Port Question

OEM USB Port Question

Hey all,

So I'm shopping for a new stereo setup- I'll be purchasing a new head unit, external amp, full set of speakers and a sub for my 2013 Si. Problem is, I see a lot of head units that say I'd lose the functionality of the stock USB port (inside the console between the front seats). However, most that I've looked at have rear USB ports, which I'm assuming end up inside of the dash behind the receiver / head unit. One of the ones I'm currently looking at comes with a 58" USB extension cable which I /assumed/ was for connecting the factory USB port to it. I wasn't sure that this was a correct assumption, though, and I was really hoping to retain the use of that port. Anyone else replace their stock stereo, and are you still able to use the factory USB port in the console? Any input is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Baned
    It has been a few years, but my 2012 Si had a USB port in the center console and I think it was just an extension cable that eventually connected back up to the head unit. If you rip apart the center console and remove it, you'll see a connector on the right (passenger) side right where the center console meets the dashboard. Unplug it and it's like half a USB plug. It might work. Good luck.

Ah okay, that makes sense. I'll have to take a look and see what I can do. Thanks for the info!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.