9th Gen Civic Forum banner

14' civic and android

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  dude2001 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I just bought a 14' civic ex and I just got the Samsung s8. I've been doing reading on this any cant figure it out. I would love to get either waze or Google maps on my radio. I've seen YouTube videos of it. But I haven't had any luck. I can get sgyic, but I think it's garbage. I've used the free trial and had nothing but problems

#5 ·
I had some success with this, i followed how to mirrorlink any app android by oxymoron, but i couldn't get lg mirror drive to work, so i saw that HTC car is a supported app for mirrorlink. and its working with my samsung s8. the only problem is, once i shut my car off, mirrorlink wouldn't connect. I'll do some more testing with this and see if i can get it to work.

#6 ·
It is a bit buggy for me too, seems like only one app can be displayed on the screen at one time, if you try exit that app it goes back to the home screen and when I try using the lg mirror drive it gives me an error saying unable to connect but trying it the second or third time it shows up again.

It is buggy because our phones come with mirrorlink 1.1 and it has some additional features that prevent all apps from showing up on the screen. My older phones which had mirrorlink 1.0 showed the entire phone on the screen and did not disconnect as often.

#7 ·
I was able to get my whole s8's screen on, but i only got it to work 2/10 times. i could open any app i wanted to. the phone needed to be locked when opening the app and quickly unlocking it before the unable to open app error comes up. i wish they would just let us mirror our phones.

#8 ·
Proof of concept for apple carplay was shown on the 2014+ radios but was never implemented. I guess it's something they wanted to keep unique to the 16 models. The radio is more than capable of having the features, honda just wont update it. It even has wifi if you look around in the secret menu.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.