2012 speaker replacement suggestions
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2012 speaker replacement suggestions

2012 speaker replacement suggestions

Hello fellow Civic fans,
    I am a new 2012 Civic Coupe LX owner and would like to replace the stock speakers with better after market ones, but need suggestions. I want to keep the stock stereo and not looking to add an amp. Just want to have better sound. The tweeters look like they'd be harder to replace since they are in the columns, so figured the two in the rear and the two in the door. They are all 6.5", is that right? I am looking for crisp clear sound, not really after a thumping bass. In my old ride, I had boston speakers, but that required an amp. They sounded great, but now just want cleaner sound than the stock speakers can deliver without totaly revamping the sound system. Suggestions much appreciated. Oh, and love the ride the new civic gives, much better than the sports car I came out of.
    zack

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

You can replace the stock front speakers (not the tweeters) and the rears with some good 2-way or 3-way replacement speakers. If you are a hard core music guy and want the best, upgrade to a component setup that has separate tweeters and mid range drivers. These require a crossover unit but have the best sound. This usually needs an amp as well to get the most out of your speakers.

I have compared the stock speakers with pioneer 2 and 3 ways. Unfortunately I found the stock speakers to be quite a bit better when it comes to bass. The aftermarket speakers were clearer and provided better mids and highs.

Just compared a third set of speakers, Kicker DS65's. After much comparison, I went with the Kicker's in the back and the factory speakers in the front. Next will be the subwoofer (JL ZR800-CW) to replace the stock one or I may just install my custom box to the factory sub and or amp it with my Kicker amp to see if it helps. Not sure yet. Check out my other post on some mods. I think the secondskin made an improvement.

I just order 2 pair of MTX TN653 speakers for my 2012 LX sedan (and the SCOSCHE SAHC634 speaker adapters for the front). I drive ALOT and the freaking speakers blow donkey ballz. Especially the back ones. There is just no depth to the speakers. So Im going to do a full speaker overhaul.

In my first 3 cars (95 camaro, 02 tacoma, 02 protege5) They all had bass in them. The camaro caused major eletrcial issues with the battery system and ignition coils, the rest were pretty good except for dimming lights, even with a cap. Ive decided not to do bass in this car for a couple reasons, the main ones being space and afraid of messing something up electrcially from the strain of an amp. I even have a phoenix gold amp sitting in my office, just waiting...but it will stay there.
    2012 Civic LX - #6,354 in florida
    15" Hubcaps
    1.5" Honda exhaust
    5 Speed automatic transmission
    140 crank horsepower

polk audio db651s i think is the model number. They should out nice for a car with a factory stereo.

I just ordered a pair of Alpine SPX-17PRO speakers and a MRP-F300 amp to replace the rear speakers. The stock fronts sound good but the rears sound like they are made of cardboard. Very disappointing. I'll post another reply once they are installed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.