SCCA Solo - STF and STX Classes - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: SCCA Solo - STF and STX Classes

Quote Originally Posted by akane View Post
    Hey BWill9886,

I'd have to look into the rulebook to see if motor mount modifications are allowed in Street Touring... but if so that would be an EXCELLENT idea. I'm thinking about going with a stiffer rear swaybar (25.4 mm), and possibly coilovers (these H&R progressive springs are too soft for autocrossing...) but I'm worried about daily drivability with stiff springs from a coilover setup.
    Unfortunately I think when I skimmed the rules alternate motor mounts are only allowed in STX... Which is kind of lame considering alternate suspension bushings are allowed in ST.

I agree on the H&R's. Overall I was unimpressed with the whole experience. It was compounded by how lackluster the Koni's were, but they still need more stiff and noise isolators all around.

Spring rates around 6-7k or lower on good dampers can be surprisingly comfortable. While the spring stiffness is important, usually it's the performance of the strut/shock that people notice the most with ride quality. People seem the most happy with Buddy Club N+'s, Tein Street Advance, and BC BR's (In no particular order). They each have their advantages.

Swift springs would be a good option if you want to keep the stock dampers on a while longer.
    2013 RR Si Sedan - Modified RSX/8th gen CT-E supercharger setup

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Pit of mens fears and the summit of his imagination
    Awesome!!!I did a SCCA DMVR event last weekend at Adventure Land in Altona Iowa.I came in 28th out of 78 in a 2012 SI.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    akane and sdpt like this.
    2012 SI CBP,HPS intake tube,K&N drop in filter,Weathertech Digital fit mats,Yo speed sill protection,JDM Carbon Fiber cooling plate,JDM Carbon fiber engine cover,Continental Extreme Contact tires.RV6 Catted downpipe,Q300 catback,Flash Pro etuned by VitViper.
    9th gen pop crew#164

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by BWill9886 View Post
    Unfortunately I think when I skimmed the rules alternate motor mounts are only allowed in STX... Which is kind of lame considering alternate suspension bushings are allowed in ST.

I agree on the H&R's. Overall I was unimpressed with the whole experience. It was compounded by how lackluster the Koni's were, but they still need more stiff and noise isolators all around.

Spring rates around 6-7k or lower on good dampers can be surprisingly comfortable. While the spring stiffness is important, usually it's the performance of the strut/shock that people notice the most with ride quality. People seem the most happy with Buddy Club N+'s, Tein Street Advance, and BC BR's (In no particular order). They each have their advantages.

Swift springs would be a good option if you want to keep the stock dampers on a while longer.
    Street Touring Section 14.0, subsection J states "Any engine or transmission mount is allowed provided they are ... (etc.)" Basically must be same size, not weigh less, and in the same position.

You find the Koni Yellow dampers lackluster? Hmm... I was thinking of going with a sleeve-like coilover setup (like Ground Control) so I could retain the Konis. Chris at Red Shift Motorsports is going to start offering those in the near future. I'm thinking about front / rear setup of 7k / 10k at most ... 6k / 8k at min.

As far as daily driving comfort, I run my konis on full stiff all the time - I just got used to it. So if the ride quality on stiffer springs but full soft damper settings is about the same (or slightly worse), I'll live! Haha.

I ended up purchasing the 24mm Progress rear anti-roll bar (62.1025) which means my Eibach 19mm real anti-roll bar will be up for sale... any takers?
    K24Z7 Crew Member # 307
    2013 Honda Civic Si Coupe w/ Navigation, Rallye Red

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    This might sound dumb, but has anyone ever gotten lost or confused where to go on an autocross track? I want to start, but I feel like I'd get lost on the track.

Pit of mens fears and the summit of his imagination
    Quote Originally Posted by CodyashiSI View Post
    This might sound dumb, but has anyone ever gotten lost or confused where to go on an autocross track? I want to start, but I feel like I'd get lost on the track.
    Not a dumb thing at all.the first time I raced the track was very confusing.Upright cones,double comes,comes on their side,double cones on their side pointing.I walked the track twice and watched drivers before me and still took me 3 tries to get it perfect.I wasn't the only one missing them either.
    BWill9886 and dwmilton like this.
    2012 SI CBP,HPS intake tube,K&N drop in filter,Weathertech Digital fit mats,Yo speed sill protection,JDM Carbon Fiber cooling plate,JDM Carbon fiber engine cover,Continental Extreme Contact tires.RV6 Catted downpipe,Q300 catback,Flash Pro etuned by VitViper.
    9th gen pop crew#164

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by akane View Post
    Street Touring Section 14.0, subsection J states "Any engine or transmission mount is allowed provided they are ... (etc.)" Basically must be same size, not weigh less, and in the same position.

You find the Koni Yellow dampers lackluster? Hmm... I was thinking of going with a sleeve-like coilover setup (like Ground Control) so I could retain the Konis. Chris at Red Shift Motorsports is going to start offering those in the near future. I'm thinking about front / rear setup of 7k / 10k at most ... 6k / 8k at min.

As far as daily driving comfort, I run my konis on full stiff all the time - I just got used to it. So if the ride quality on stiffer springs but full soft damper settings is about the same (or slightly worse), I'll live! Haha.

I ended up purchasing the 24mm Progress rear anti-roll bar (62.1025) which means my Eibach 19mm real anti-roll bar will be up for sale... any takers?
    Forgot about this thread, so sorry for a late reply.

Thanks for the clarification on the mounts. Don't know if I overlooked it or just can't read haha! Like I mentioned before it didn't make any sense not to allow them. I don't know what my Hasport billet mount weighs, so I guess that could technically be an issue. Though Innovative motor mount guys should be fine.

I think I could recommend the Koni's to people if they cost less for what you got. I got mine for $300 for someone on the forum, but even then they still required gutting your OEM struts and weren't the most reliable (two guide seal failures and I didn't even get to be hard on them). I'd hate to pay almost Tein Street Advance money and get much less value-for-dollar.

The ground controls are fine, except for the rear mounting. The adjustment is on the bottom, which means the collar is on the bottom mount at an angle. This makes adjustment for those wanting to ride higher difficult, due to the spring not sitting well on the adjustable collar until you thread it down lower... It's hard to describe, but trust me it's not fun. You'll really scratch up the finish too if you aren't careful.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTMONKY View Post
    Not a dumb thing at all.the first time I raced the track was very confusing.Upright cones,double comes,comes on their side,double cones on their side pointing.I walked the track twice and watched drivers before me and still took me 3 tries to get it perfect.I wasn't the only one missing them either.
    Yeah, don't be discouraged! Everyone has to start somewhere!

Just concentrate on learning the course and getting your lines right the first couple times. Then go for speed. The less you actually have to think about where to go on the course, the faster you can go and the more fun it will be!
    2013 RR Si Sedan - Modified RSX/8th gen CT-E supercharger setup

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    I'm thinking of running HS due to lack of funds for modifications. Do you get your car inspected at the event, or do I need to go to a shop to get it done prior to?

Greenhorn
    Hey akane, I am new to AutoX (I'm preparing to go to my third in VA) and I am currently looking for a rear sway bar. I currently drive a 2014 FG3, but I believe the eibach rear sway would fit. How much are you asking for the sway?

Thanks!

Greenhorn
    finally a place I think I fit in lol... eventhough I might be late
    07 Honda fit VBP K20/24 250whp (sold)
    00 EM1 SI MR B20V 220 whp (sold)
    10 W204 C300 4matic (limited red) (sold)
    98 Civic EX Silver GSR/LS trans lots of parts to list ** For SALE **
    14 Civic SI FB6 NHBP (auto X & Road racing)Hidden Content
    00 Jeep Laredo ----> Le WorkHorse

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.