9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Kev's 2013 PMM FB6 Small Build thread

369K views 1K replies 123 participants last post by  kev604 
#1 ·
Most of you already know me from the forum but I'll give a quick introduction so as not to bore you lol:sleep:. My name is Kevin from Vancouver Canada, earlier this year in January I was rear ended on the way to work and my previous car was totalled so I needed a new ride:eusa_dance:. In March I decided I was going to get an Si, I've always wanted an Si and I've been a fan of Honda for many years so it was an easy decision for me. I took delivery of my 2013 PMM Si sedan on May 17, I patiently waited 2 months for delivery cause my Si had to be factory ordered as no dealer had the color I wanted which was kinda okay with me cause than I knew I would be getting one fresh off the truck. She came delivered with 8KM/5Miles on the odometer.

I originally didn't bother starting any kind of build thread cause I had no plans to do anything to her I was just going to keep her stock, I loved her just the way she was. BUT since than I've done a "few" things here and there and I do have some BIGGER plans for her next year LOL. Also looking through many of the build threads here and seeing what people have done no matter how big or small has inspired me to start my own build thread so like they say "better late than never".
Most everything I've done from day one I've documented with pictures so I will start posting pictures over the next few days and weeks in a chronological timeline as to what I've done to date.

First thing I did was pick her up from the dealership hahaha. This is how she looked on day one.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Honda
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda civic Honda
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Honda civic

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, Kevin, nice ta-meetcha. hehehe

#3 ·
Hi Kevin.
Welcome to the forum :thumb:

#7 ·
Kids Play

Nothing glorious here but gotta take care of business first before having some fun. With two kids the first thing done to the car was Scotchgard all the seats and fabric including carpets. Then I put in seat protectors, then padding for the kids seat, and a tablet mount to keep the kids entertained.:)
Car seat cover Vehicle Car Car seat Seat belt
Vehicle Car Electronics Technology Multimedia
Head restraint Auto part Multimedia Technology Vehicle
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Family car Car seat

#8 ·
Nothing glorious here but gotta take care of business first before having some fun. With two kids the first thing done to the car was Scotchgard all the seats and fabric including carpets. Then I put in seat protectors, then padding for the kids seat, and a tablet mount to keep the kids entertained.:)
View attachment 136346 View attachment 136354 View attachment 136362 View attachment 136370
Representing the PMM brothers in a great way Kev! :)

It always amazes me, because you are always talking about your kids, how you keep the interior so clean!

As I always tell you ride is looking great :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#10 ·
Better being safe than sorry!

I don't race or really even speed but I do keep up with whatever the flow of traffic might be and sometimes it could be slightly over the speed limit so I didn't want to get nailed for a $200 speeding ticket going 3-4MPH over the speed limit.

Hence this a Beltronic RX65 radar detector. I've been using this for 6 months now and so far so good. Unlike the cheaper radar detectors there is very few false alarm. I know it should be mounted higher but I hate the cord hanging and flailing around. It works well enough where I have it mounted.

Technology Electronic device Electronics Gadget
Small appliance Home appliance Technology Metal
Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Mode of transport Windshield

#12 ·
Just didn't grow on me:(

Next up was a rear window visor I ordered up from kplayground. I had it on for a few months but the look of it just didn't grow on me and also the corners were propping up as the 3M tape just wasn't holding the corners down so I ended up removing it altogether and has stayed off ever since. I'm not sure if I will install it again.:punch::shrug:

Black Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Alloy wheel Car Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Alloy wheel Car Tire

#16 ·
Lookin great Kev and your new rims will look great with that color .Deja voux.

Reactions: kev604
#18 · (Edited)
Stickers gotta have those stickers

For anybody wondering the Grafix expression stickers are good quality stickers. They look good and stay on through sun, rain and cold and oh of course +5HP too LOL.:biglaugh:
Label Font Emblem Sticker
Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Bumper Vehicle registration plate
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Vehicle door Bumper

#1,281 ·
Stickers gotta have those stickers

For anybody wondering the Grafix expression stickers are good quality stickers. They look good and stay on through sun, rain and cold and oh of course +5HP too LOL.:biglaugh:
View attachment 136745 View attachment 136753 View attachment 136761
@kev604 I really like the "9TH GEN POP CREW" decal. Do you know if these are still available for purchase? If not, I am curious if you know where to get the vectorized art file (SVG)? I can find my own vendor. In addition, I may scheme up a custom graphic T-shirt with my crew member #. Would people be interested?

#19 · (Edited)
Form and Functionality

OEM window visors installed. Looks good and very useful. I researched quite a bit before I decided on the OEM ones. I like the way they look and how flush they sit.:D

Plastic
Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Family car

#20 ·
Nice Plates

Did away with the dealer plate frames on the front and back. Front plate frame replaced with all black metal frame. Splurged and got a black metal frame etched with "Civic Si" for the back. Quality of the frame was much better than I expected and might consider getting the same frame for the front.:laugh:

Rectangle Label Metal
Text Font Material property Brand Snack

#22 ·
Tints on rear window visor off

I never had any of my previous cars tinted so I was a little apprehensive about getting my Si done but decided what the hell I'm going to do it and boy I was really happy with the end result. Got Solar Guard tints done for the rear and back windows at 20%. Left the fronts untouched cause it's illegal here.

Also, I removed the rear window visor cause the look just never grew on me. Decided to just go with the natural lines of the car.

Land vehicle Vehicle Alloy wheel Rim Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Rim
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Honda civic
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda civic Honda

#23 ·
Gotta get my red JDM badges

I bought my red JDM front, rear, J's racing steering wheel, and key cover badges from Grafix expressions. I highly recommend buying from them as the quality of the product and fitment is good and shipping was extremely fast.

I managed to remove both the front and rear badges without breaking them although I broke the pins on the rear badge. The JDM badges had two pins on the back that did not align with the holes on the car so I had to twist and break those plastic pins before I could stick on the badges.

Technology Transparency Plastic bag
Automotive exterior Vehicle Trunk Car Bumper
Car Grille Vehicle Automotive exterior Hood
Steering part Steering wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Grille
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Hood
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Automotive exterior

#30 ·
I agree I think the 13 wheels look much better. I didn't even realize they were the same design when I first saw them just goes to show a bit of color changes everything.
Funny you brought up rims cause I just bought new rims for my Si this week LOL. Should have them here early next week so pics will be in order. Probably will use the stocks for winter duties for mounting snow tires.:)

#32 ·
I see you

Added a Napolex Broadway wideview mirror. 300mm across so it's pretty wide. It is aluminum plated which is suppose to help see through the back if you have tinted windows. I was little apprehensive about having such a wide rear view mirror and skeptical about the aluminum plating thing but after using it for a few months I have to say I really like it. I've gotten so use to it, it's hard going back to a regular mirror and the vision from the mirror out the back window is surprisingly clear as well. Highly recommend this to anyone. :thumb:

Technology Electronic device Electronics Computer component Computer hardware

#207 ·
Added a Napolex Broadway wideview mirror. 300mm across so it's pretty wide. It is aluminum plated which is suppose to help see through the back if you have tinted windows. I was little apprehensive about having such a wide rear view mirror and skeptical about the aluminum plating thing but after using it for a few months I have to say I really like it. I've gotten so use to it, it's hard going back to a regular mirror and the vision from the mirror out the back window is surprisingly clear as well. Highly recommend this to anyone. :thumb:

View attachment 138145
Great choice. I have the 300mm Broadway mirror as well and all my friends are often surprise at how big of a mirror I have, but it really helps when looking at your blind spots.

Diggin' the build so far!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.