Peninsula shop to work on K24Z7?
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Peninsula shop to work on K24Z7?

Greenhorn

Peninsula shop to work on K24Z7?

Hi all, I'm new here. I don't actually own a 9th gen, but the 20012 Si motor, with a turbo hung off the back, is in my Atom. I'm looking for a shop on the peninsula for basic maintenance. Does anyone know of a good one?

I'm in Palo Alto, and work a lot, so a shop in or nearby is best. I know a couple East Bay shops I like but they aren't open weekends. I do my own oil, brakes, etc. but I'd like to have someone read the plugs and adjust the valves every year, stuff like that. The authorized service station is in SF, but ain't nobody got time to trailer the car up there and take whole days off work. PM me if you don't want to post up names.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Milpitas, CA - BlackTrax - Import & Domestic Tuning - Milpitas, CA

I've been taking mine to the local Honda dealership when I find a good coupon. Since you are boosted, I would see if the tuner can supply you with a Valet tune. Otherwise, find a good tuner shop that is willing to do routine maintenance.

Greenhorn
    I talked to the local Honda dealer when I first got the car, and they told me to find an import tuner shop to work on it. I just want to find a place that knows boosted Hondas, so they can catch any issues I miss.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Awesome. The closest shop to you I can think of that knows hondas specifically is Blacktrax. If you want to give some BMW shops a try, they know turbos since they support Dinan Motorsports.

Just search Blacktrax, they've been around for quite sometime.

An old build that was amazing was an RSX that made over 600hp turbo'ed

Newbie! There's only one guy I know who has a K24 boosted Atom that lives in Palo Alto and he's a total jerk! Just kidding! Just giving you a hard time, man! I got my tune at Blacktrax and they've got a decent shop plus a lot of talent. They're by the great mall. You gonna give them a try or what?
    fergy016 likes this.

It is the only person in the bay I would trust to tune my old integra and my 9th gen SI.

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KDiggityDog76 View Post
    Newbie! There's only one guy I know who has a K24 boosted Atom that lives in Palo Alto and he's a total jerk! Just kidding! Just giving you a hard time, man! I got my tune at Blacktrax and they've got a decent shop plus a lot of talent. They're by the great mall. You gonna give them a try or what?
    How much did it cost to tune at blacktrax?.

They charge by time: $200/hr.
    The time needed all depends on what is done to the car.

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    What I meant was how much did it cost him so I could ballpark how much a tune for me would supposedly cost.

Greenhorn
    Thanks for the responses everyone. Kdiggy is just mad I won't let him drive my cars after he spun my E30

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.