Converting a 2012 Civic Coupe Front End to the 2014 Front End?
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Converting a 2012 Civic Coupe Front End to the 2014 Front End?

Greenhorn

Converting a 2012 Civic Coupe Front End to the 2014 Front End?

I have a 2012 Civic Couple (LX, if it matters) and want to swap out the front end for a 2014 COUPE front. I've searched threads and haven't seen anyone else do the swap and very little mention of it... Would it be a direct fit? Just new headlights and a new front bumper? I know a lot of people on here prefer the 2012 front, but I love the 2014 one, lol. Has anyone done it and have pictures?

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Platinum Member
    I don't have experience with doing a swap like that, but I do have a 2012 Si coupe and just looking at pictures of the '14 coupe it looks like it's more than a simple bumper and headlight exchange. If you look at side profile pictures it looks like you'll need everything from the front fender panels forward. The fenders are significantly more rounded on the '14 which takes away form the '12's more streamlined look. It even looks like the hood is shaped a bit differently.

Honestly, it would be much cheaper to just trade in your '12 and buy a '14 unless you find somebody else that wants to make their '14 look older...which I imagine they bough the '14 and not a used '12 for a reason.
    mar_k24 likes this.

another resource is to search body panels and such to see if the two are the same or not. my research shows two different fenders...so, basically, youll need to swap the entire front clip.
    hiding from those who might be looking for me

POP Crew #61

2014 Black EX
    20% Global Tint
    Curt 1 1/4" receiver
    Weathertech In-channel visors

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Find a totalled Civic with only side damage. Then you can part it out and make your money back. But that takes time and storage.

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by teamrubixcube View Post
    Honestly, it would be much cheaper to just trade in your '12 and buy a '14 unless you find somebody else that wants to make their '14 look older...which I imagine they bought the '14 and not a used '12 for a reason.
    It'd actually be cheaper for me to replace the whole front clip, considering I paid a little less than $7k for my Civic, lol.

Greenhorn
    If I do decide to replace the whole front clip' does anyone know whether or not the mounts be the same? Thought of taking a drill or saw to my car just to modify it hurts my poor heart, lol.

14 has better front and 12 has better back IMO.
    I just want to have 14 dashboard.
    2012 Civic Si TW Coupe ( TurboCharged )
    2001 Toyota Corolla DD MT 5 speed

IG: @Mar_k24 Snapchat : MK.5664

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by mar_k24 View Post
    14 has better front and 12 has better back IMO.
    I just want to have 14 dashboard.

Agreed, lol. I really like the front on the 2014, but prefer the rear on my 2012, which is why I'm looking to convert the front. The interior in the 2014 looks a little more luxurious, imo. Not too worried about it though, considering it's just the color of the 2012 dashboard that is off-putting for me.

Nooblets
    seems like a lot of time, $, and effort....

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    There is a thread that deals with this very topic.

In short, the entire front end sheet metal would need to be replaced as none of the body panels forward of the firewall would mix.

Take a look at head-on shots of the '12/'13, and '14/'15, and you'll see that the hood/fender gap line is different, necessitating a change of all 3 pieces, as well as the front clip.

And off the top of my head, I don't remember if all the mounting points line up.

LJiGa likes this.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but dont say it mean.
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.