It provides better airflow to the engine bay
and protects the radiator.
It has no pre-drilled mounting holes.
Modifications may be required
to customize the fitment.
Easy installation."

Sounds workable to me.

#16 ·
This is an aftermarket part. It is made of high quality fiberglass. Strong and lightweight. Finished with smooth surface in black. Painting is required. The metal mesh is painted in black. Mounted and removable. It provides better airflow to the engine bay and protects the radiator. It has no pre-drilled mounting holes. Modifications may be required to customize the fitment. Easy installation.
Man, I wish I had clicked on that "More information" link. Oh well. I missed the part where I would have to drill holes to make it fit. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow or Monday.

#25 ·
Update: after unclipping a bajillion clips, pulling the bumper, removing (breaking) four more hidden clips on the bottom of the stock grille, removing stock grille, drilling four holes, mounting bottom part of grille to bumper, replacing bumper, drilling four more holes to mount top of grill to bumper/frame, and getting fiberglass dust all over, this is what the end result looks like...

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Headlamp

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Bumper

You probably shouldn't have little kids around during the 2.5 hours it will take you to do this because you're going to be swearing a lot. Not at the fit of the grill (because it requires very little to no modification other than drilling holes for mounting clips/bolts), but because you're going to be cursing the Honda engineers for thinking they're Volkswagen engineers and hiding clips.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#67 ·
Update: after unclipping a bajillion clips, pulling the bumper, removing (breaking) four more hidden clips on the bottom of the stock grille, removing stock grille, drilling four holes, mounting bottom part of grille to bumper, replacing bumper, drilling four more holes to mount top of grill to bumper/frame, and getting fiberglass dust all over, this is what the end result looks like...

View attachment 64546

View attachment 64554

You probably shouldn't have little kids around during the 2.5 hours it will take you to do this because you're going to be swearing a lot. Not at the fit of the grill (because it requires very little to no modification other than drilling holes for mounting clips/bolts), but because you're going to be cursing the Honda engineers for thinking they're Volkswagen engineers and hiding clips.

taking bumper off only take me 5mins

#27 ·
Emblem won't stay on because the adhesive probably won't stick to mesh all that well. I was thinking about getting a DC5 front emblem assembly and seeing if that would work of I ground some of the curved part down in the back. The Si badge? I don't want to talk about it. I would suggest that you try remounting it befooooore you put the bumper back on. It would have made it a lot easier. The Si badge has two screws in the back that go through a mounting plate to hold it on the back side of the grille. The screws go through and screw into the badge. I might get around to putting it back on one of these days.

#29 ·
That looks great, D. I think the Si badge in its proper place, without the H, would be a good look.

#31 ·
I was e-mailing a former member of this site and came up with the idea of getting two small pieces of sheet metal from Home Depot/Lowes/etc and drilling four holes in them then mount one in front of the grill and one behind it then ziptie them together and put the H emblem on top of the sheet metal. As far as the Si emblem, I'm going to get some sort of mesh for the Si and my Fit so I'll be pulling the bumper and can mount the Si emblem when I do the lower grille mesh too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.