9th Gen Civic POP Crew - Page 1485
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

Poll: What's your age group?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1485 of 1516 FirstFirst ... 485985138514351475148314841485148614871495 ... LastLast
Results 14,841 to 14,850 of 15156
Like Tree15749Likes

Thread: 9th Gen Civic POP Crew

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver2Coupe View Post
    It made it up to the mid 40s today. No snow here. I will tell you its weird not to have snow on the ground and the temps have been milder too.
    Same conditions here. Although cloudy, it was a nice day.
    Silver2Coupe likes this.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but dont say it mean.
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I started up my Civic and the check charging system light wont go off now. A few weeks ago it happened but driving it for a few hours it went off and stayed off. Over the last few months I have run the car at least once a week but the first few went over the holidays. I threw the charger on it took 1.5 hours at 3 amps to charge the battery fully. I figured it would of stayed off but came on when started. I took it out for a ride running errands and had the A/C and lights on with no problems and even started the car with the lights on to see if the battery was bad and no issues, lights did not dim. I had issues during my first winter and thought the battery was weak but the dealer said no problems. A bad battery would not charge or charge very fast and my 1.5 hour charge time I consider normal since I ran the car before charging. It charged up to 14.2 volts according to the charger from 12.6. I am wondering if that is my reason for lower mpg compared to my 12 Civic.

Acura is running great and had to add about a 1/4 quart of 5w30 oil at 3800 miles on the oil. It still looks good and clean. I will be using this oil Valvoline 5w20 on my next oil change. I added a 1/3 bottle(3-4oz) of Rislone 3x zddp when I got the car to bring it up to SJ oil spec and the owners manual say 10K oil changes under my conditions. I wont go that far but nice to see it in writing. Getting 32 mpg with Shell V power compared to 26-27 at my lowest when I was experimenting with fuels for engine clean out and still using lights and heat so same variables.
    Roadcourse likes this.
    Civic POP Crew #3

Quote Originally Posted by Roadcourse View Post
    I wish you the best Fbird. You need to get outta the house no doubt. Just to hijack Murphy's ever-present intent, you might just consider driving around the block the first time.....
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyrocks View Post
    Some good news, FB. Here's to continued good health.
    Quote Originally Posted by kev604 View Post
    Time to put all of this behind you and move on. Welcome back.
    Thanks guys. Been an interesting couple of months for sure. Started getting back to work at the end of the week last week, get the stitches taken out in the next few days and start to get back into normal life. This last two months has taken a toll on my leg though. My left leg is noticeably skinnier than my right leg. Just means it's time to get back into the workouts to increase the strength in that leg.
    bluestar gave me the clap.

K24Z7 Crew Member #11
    HFP Crew Member #11

2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe - Crystal Black Pearl
    2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road - Barcelona Red

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Supposed to be in the low 60's on Sat & Sun here in the Philly area. Looking forward to getting outside with the family to do something. Will probably go to a park and do some walking around.
    Silver2Coupe and scottyrocks like this.
    2012 Civic Si sedan / Dyno Blue

POP CREW MEMBER #615

Retired:

2014 Civic Si sedan / MSM
    2012 Civic Si sedan / Sunburst Orange
    2007 Civic Si sedan / Silver

Hidden Content

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Don't pull a muscle.
    Silver2Coupe likes this.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but dont say it mean.
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

The weather here has warmed up substantially and add in a few rainy days and pretty much all the snow on the ground has melted away. I can almost walk around in a hoody in the afternoons now which also means it's time to change out the snow tires in my wife's car which my back is not looking forward to.
    Silver2Coupe likes this.
    2013 Civic Si sedan PMM

K24Z7 Crew Member #717
    9th Civic POP Crew #717

Kev's Build Thread
    Hidden Content

Well a lot is going on with me and were to I start. Its 30 degrees above normal here. going to be near 70 till the rain gets here next week. The CEL came on in RSX for a Evap code and I cleared it out twice and is off now but because of winter gas in this weather I wont fill it up. It will pass emissions as it is in my driveway. I took it to the redline and forgot I was in manual mode and a big puff of smoke came out of the tailpipe and now the motor runs as smooth as my Civic now. It took 4000 miles with premium to clean out the RSX but its runs way better now and seeing better mpg now too. Fuel trims are great and running in a high map with full advance of the cam. If I have a problem with the evap its a easy fix and was a problem with this car. To remind everyone this is not the type S and regular is the minimum fuel but likes the higher octane just like my R18 Civic. The previous owner used 90 octane in Iowa but regular here. He also had a stereo system which probably caused the ecu to run full retard of the timing all the time. I now Love the Vtec in this car and is going to hard to get another one when it dies.

I took the Civic out tonight and the check charging light is still on but zero problems with the car. Car started normally and lights were bright and did not dim so I am thinking its a ecu issue. I will disconnect the battery tomorrow and recharge the battery to see it that helps or I will take it to the dealer but if they say its the battery then I will be mad at them for not fixing it when I reported the problem on my first oil change.

I sprang my thumb really bad and though I broke it but 1 Advil and then 1 Tylenol 2-3 hours later barely controls the pain. I was taking less the last few days but today it hurt when not using it so back to the regiment further apart. I will see if I can stop taking anything over the weekend.
    Civic POP Crew #3

Hey S2C, mind expounding on what the Rislone did/does for your car?

I know about injuries to the hand area. About 3 weeks ago I put a nice cut on my left index finger while trimming a brisket prior to smoking it. The knife was so sharp I didn't feel the cut, just blood all over the counter. Looked at it and decided the meat was too shallow for stitches and just cleaned it up, put some anti-biotic cream on it and today, it's healed with a nice scar. The brisket is great...

I'll be glad when winter gas goes away. My mileage is down!

Oh, and the weather tomorrow will be up to 72 and sunny so I'll be on a Honda.
    Last edited by Roadcourse; 02-18-2017 at 07:50 AM.
    Silver2Coupe likes this.
    Only the knife knows what goes on in the heart of the pumpkin......unknown

Guns don't kill people, drivers on cell phones kill people.

Drain the swamp. Force term limits.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to make people believe he doesn't exist".......a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadcourse View Post
    Hey S2C, mind expounding on what the Rislone did/does for your car?

I know about injuries to the hand area. About 3 weeks ago I put a nice cut on my left index finger while trimming a brisket prior to smoking it. The knife was so sharp I didn't feel the cut, just blood all over the counter. Looked at it and decided the meat was too shallow for stitches and just cleaned it up, put some anti-biotic cream on it and today, it's healed with a nice scar. The brisket is great...

I'll be glad when winter gas goes away. My mileage is down!

Oh, and the weather tomorrow will be up to 72 and sunny so I'll be on a Honda.
    Hello RC, Rislone is a old additive that worked to un-stick lifters in the 70-80s but its older than that. My RSX is 15 years old and requires SJ oil in which the oil nowadays is just 800 ppm zinc. SJ is 1200 ppm and the additive is just to get the zinc up to that. They sell the additive with out the higher zinc in a concentrated form too but not needed in today's oils unless you have a recent car that the oil was not changed on time or has sticky rings. It does work and seen it used in the past and wanted to try it. I went to a auto parts store for a delivery and they had a bottle of the zinc 3x zddp so I bought it for the van originally but used it in my Acura. It looks like high quality oil and still have about a 1/2 bottle. I am sure there is better and cheaper additives out there and dont plan on using it on my next oil change. I just used it to clean my engine but it was not that bad.

Sorry about your finger and something happened like that to me last week twice. I have been running a little string of bad luck lately and why I have not been around.
    Civic POP Crew #3

Took the Acura on errands and no codes, filled up and if the code happens again its time for a new gas cap. I had problems removing it. Runs like a Honda now and smooth as new, even the A/C works.

Its 65 degrees here and its like summer out there. I guess I will look at the Civic today and remove the battery cables to see if that fixes it.
    Civic POP Crew #3

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.