disappointed flashpro for r18 - Page 4
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: disappointed flashpro for r18

The first gen Fits had the same timing difference but you needed to tune the fuel trims to see better gains. I dont know about the second gen but some one with a gauge said he noticed a difference that was Similar to Gen 8 Civic.
    scottyrocks likes this.
    Civic POP Crew #3

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    i wish i had known this when i had my fit but as slow as the fit is i still would have upgraded to the Si anyways and i hated the paddle shifters on my fit. neat info tho.
    CTE STAGE 1+ SUPERCHARGER FOR SALE

5500 MILES ON BLOWER PM WITH INTEREST

Quote Originally Posted by Myx View Post
    *Faints*
    Falls on floor and foam proceeds to come forth from mouth, while convulsing.

On a more serious note, my Fit stays pegged at 15.5 timing advance while going WOT on 92 octane vs 11-13 timing advance on 87 octane at WOT. No way to move the advance up as of yet.
    we have ways to manipulate stock ecu to give you extra timing
    9th gen civic only online store, please visit Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by fisch View Post
    Just press the "Econ" button- you don't even need flashpro!
    Lol at people thinking they are going to get 155 HP out of the r18. I suppose that's at the wheels too... because FP, muffler tip, CAI and TB spacer magically generate like 50 HP.
    You kids must've gone to the public schools.
    ouch

I solved the power problem with my R18 by trading it in for an Si. Much better now.
    fergy016 and koni like this.
    '12 Crystal Black Pearl Si Sedan.

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    That's really the way to do it. ^
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but dont say it mean.
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Rweld86 View Post
    I solved the power problem with my R18 by trading it in for an Si. Much better now.
    agreed, it takes care of wanting to tune a R18, that much for sure.

I campaigned like hell on here for a R18 Flashpro, I was pissed because there was no tune for the R18, When Vit posted it would be a waste, I yelled back, Sorry Vit, I was wrong for that, But i wanted a tuner for the R18, I thought that i just knew with a tuner, My R18 would have nice gains in HP and TQ, Then Hondata made it, I waited for some one to try it out, they did, It pulled 10 more ponies out of the R18, I was still in denial, I was devastated, I was acting crazy, Until i took a deep breath, relaxed, and realized, As awesome as the R18 engine is, It has an econ button for a reason, It never liked revving much above 4.5K rpms. the engine sounded upset at 6K rpms, very upset, and not in a good way. That is when i came to terms with the fact that the R18, which is a fantastic engine, was not a track performer, nor a strip runner, But with that said, I enjoyed that engine, 35.4 MPG, and the car was fun to drive.

My Si is so totally different than my R18 5MT EX was, Night and day, My stock 13 Si is not a track car, or strip car either, It is fun to go through gears maxing out i-Vtec, But it is not a racer by any means, but it is a lot of fun, gets 28MPG and can rev 6k all day without a hiccup.
    Last edited by koni; 01-07-2017 at 01:47 AM.
    scottyrocks likes this.

2013 Civic Si Coupe - Polished Metal Metallic

I contemplated keeping the R18, but I also saw that to make any power you basically had to dedicate your entire life and sacrifice your first born. Wasn't about that life, so I picked up a '12 Si. Couldn't be happier with my choice, aside from minor things from driving it too and from work on a sh*t road everyday it's been an awesome car and when I want to get into it it'll take it with no problems. I'll be keeping this car for a while, or, at least until I see what the Type-R is all about.
    '12 Crystal Black Pearl Si Sedan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.