In which order should I get what performance mods? - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: In which order should I get what performance mods?

Greenhorn
    I just read his post @dfanatic86 and it makes a lot more sense now that these things are starting to click on what they mean. and I am learning how to navigate this forum better and using search

And I think I am going to put together my whole build and post and get others opinions, got a lot to make decision on, but exhuast and JDM red's are a priority lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    @civi9 what was wrong with the pairing? and how do you like their CAI? and how much does the splash guard run?

If you want to make 300+whp you are going to have to boost the car no other way around it. As stated with bolt ons you will only make 20-30 more hp as the engine is already tapped to the max. If that is your goal I say take your time as you stated your plan is to keep the car a long time so don't rush especially since modding is not a cheap and if you mess something up you will need to fix it which is more money.

Build your mod they way you want to but research is going to be your best friend for selecting the parts that match the best. Do not just slap whatever on there because someone said too but there is also tons of people on here who know what they are saying and will give you get advice.

Back to the hp topic. I would wait until you have all engine parts in hand because everytime you swap something major on the engine you need a tune point blank or your wasting money.

I would also keep in mind the area you drive in like road conditions and weather. We are in Texas so fortunately we don't have to worry about snow but occasionally we get bad rain storms. CAI could be ok but nothing wrong with short ram either. Just being a educated modder will be your best bet at the end of the day. Oh and shop around sometimes you can find good deals

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    I might change my plans for 300WHP lol and just stay with bolt ons, and I am going to make a big list, I just like knowing what my goals are.

Quote Originally Posted by Contrasted View Post
    I might change my plans for 300WHP lol and just stay with bolt ons, and I am going to make a big list, I just like knowing what my goals are.
    Thats all good and honestly having a goal or direction is always the first step to modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Contrasted View Post
    @TheOriginalWootang

Did so of my own research, but I can't seem to find the answer, what do i add to the downpipe to have a full exhaust system?
    A cat-back. How Loud do you want it?

Match a 2.5 downpipe to a 2.5 cat-back. Match a 3in to a 3in or 2.75in. Don't put a small downpipe with a big cat back that will make the downpipe a choke point, matching is best.
    Last edited by TheOriginalWootang; 02-16-2017 at 11:45 PM.
    Jtesterman14 likes this.

I would check out this post:
    Newbie advice please

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.