My 12' Si Baseline AND Hondata ReFlash Dyno Results - Page 11
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: My 12' Si Baseline AND Hondata ReFlash Dyno Results

Top Dawg!!
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Virus View Post
    looking forward for solutions.

BTW...if Hondata dynos again with the reflash and gain less than 20whp, then that means their first dyno has to be with aftermarket mods.
    Yeah, They got my ECU number so I figure they'll program a Stock ECU with whatever my ECU was programmed and then dyno.

But my concern/question is what if they show/gain something different, Then what?

Sent from my LG-P999

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

i think they did it with some mod's too

Top Dawg!!
    Quote Originally Posted by @doval View Post
    i think they did it with some mod's too
    On Hondatas website it says "The K24Z7 - Si program advances the ignition, alters the cam timing and optimizes the fuel adding 4-10 ft lb across the trev range and up to 20 hp on the top end"

* 20 Peak HP gain depending on the dyno and modifications
    * 5-15 ft lb of torque across the trev range
    * Rev limiter raised to 7600 rpm
    * Improved throttle response
    * Speed limiter removed
    * VTEC point unchanged

I also read something where they said gains could be more depending on mods. So yeah, I dunno.

Sent from my LG-P999

Don't forget this bit...

This program was not tuned specifically for an intake. Any correctly designed intake or exhaust modification should work well with this reflash.

Which to me, sounds like an intake was not in the mix when they tuned. So who knows?!

Top Dawg!!
    Here is a link which shows the DYNOmite Chassis Dynamometer I dynoed on. If you looked at my initial baseline dyno video you'll see I was on a Drive Up Ramp (Roll Dyno). Pretty much the same as a DynoJet. I'm also posting a pic as to how it varies from the dual-roller.

Chassis Dynamometer Systems

My 12' Si Baseline AND Hondata ReFlash Dyno Results-8_5-twinroll_vs_44_roll_fea_600.gif

Top Dawg!!
    Quote Originally Posted by neteng101 View Post
    Don't forget this bit...

This program was not tuned specifically for an intake. Any correctly designed intake or exhaust modification should work well with this reflash.

Which to me, sounds like an intake was not in the mix when they tuned. So who knows?!
    Exactly! Thanks!

You got their attention for sure Utah. Did you directly ask them, or did they specifically say that their own test did not have any mods to exhaust and/or intake?
    2012 Civic Si Coupe CBP
    On my way to 200K miles and already over 1/3 of the way there!

K24Z7 Crew Member #30

Top Dawg!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 9GenSi View Post
    You got their attention for sure Utah. Did you directly ask them, or did they specifically say that their own test did not have any mods to exhaust and/or intake?
    All the info I got and posted was off their website.

When they e-mailed me I told them no mods. Stock dyno and then reflashed dyno. So they asked me to e-mail their support team my ECU number. Now they are going to dyno on one if their cars by the end of the week and thats all they said.

So I'm confused what to think. Lol

Sent from my LG-P999

I'm looking foward to the rev hang video... that could make it worth it regardless... but not if it threatens the warranty....

In my h22 lude, I got these results with eCtune...(SRI, ceramic header, high flow metal substrate cat., 2.5" exhaust) stock p13 (non tunable stock ecu) vs. tuned honda ecu (tuned p05/06 converted to vtec... p28?):

new ecu vs. tuned new ecu:

I know it's irrelevant, but maybe you guys like dyno charts as much as me... and it shows you how the h22 stacks up to the k24... butt dyno says that the civic has more low/mid range pull (maybe thanks to 6spd/gear ratios), but the lude may still have a little more up top (with tuning at least...). When the wife beats her Chronic Lyme Disease, we want to take them to the track and run the against each other. Love them all; the lude, Si, and the wife. lol. 2 Hondas and a Chrysler (wife's always broken... that accident in the ST didn't help (linked in sig.)

DYNO VIDEOS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk3eXgsreAg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FczCxLdgdbg
    Last edited by mr_y82; 03-14-2012 at 06:44 PM.

The reflash itself will not threaten warranty. Damage to the engine if caused by over revving will.

I am a dyno chart junkie so thanks for the charts by the way.
    2012 Civic Si Coupe CBP
    On my way to 200K miles and already over 1/3 of the way there!

K24Z7 Crew Member #30

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.