Ultimate Racing Civic Si Exhaust Thread - Page 54
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Ultimate Racing Civic Si Exhaust Thread

Anyone else experiencing alot of exhaust rattle?
    2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Murder BlackHidden Content
    Ultimate Racing Exhaust
    PRL SRI
    Full Race Catless Downpipe
    Flash Pro
    K24Z7 Crew Member #845 Hidden Content
    9THNORTHEAST Crew Member #845 Hidden Content
    Disregard Females, Acquire Currency! Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Any more updates about rusting flanges and bolts? Or rattle issues? I'm strongly considering UR exhaust and DP, but not if it's going to deteriorate....

edit:

Limited Warranty

Ultimate Racing offers a 5-year warranty on our quality and workmanship.
    This includes parts that are made in-house by Ultimate Racing (i.e. Fabricated Piping, Welding, Machined Parts). If for any reason these parts should fail within this 5-year period, Ultimate Racing will repair or replace the part free of charge (in-bound and out-bound shipping and handling fees extra).
    Last edited by Civi9; 03-04-2016 at 11:59 PM.
    K24Z7 CREW # 61719 (2012 Taffy Si Coupe)
    Flashpro (tuned by Vit)
    AEM CAI
    Ceramic coated RV6 catted DP
    Hasport 62A RMM and Upper mount
    Enkei RPF1's 17x9 + 45 (3mm front spacers)
    Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 245/40-17
    Hybrid Racing shifter and cable bushings
    HFP suspension

Morimoto Elite HID 55w 5500K
    14' OEM 20mm Rear Sway Bar

CTE supercharger w/3.6" waiting for install!
    [Full Race catted DP and Full Race exhaust with added Vibrant ultra quiet resonator and Vibrant muffler swap] FOR SALE

I've had my UR exhaust for about 15 months, no issues. Paired with S2 DP and Hasport RMM.
    Civi9 likes this.
    Hidden Content 2012 Honda Civic Si - Crystal Black Pearl Coupe
    Skunk2 dp, Ultimate Racing exhaust (2nd muffler), Rick Spec'd intake, FP, Vit Tuned, 18x8.5 Buddy Club P1 SF's with 225/40 18 Bridgestone Potenza S04s
    LED DRLs, LED signals/brakes bulbs, blackout emblems/tail lights, red interior leds and ambient light, rearview mirror w/compass/autodim, BC short shifter, Blox neochrome 460g shift knob,

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Beware of Ultimate Racing products. I recently decided against UR after a quick Google search revealed lots of people having issues with rusting flanges and hardware. I read about this recently on a BMW forum.

I bought a Full Race Exhaust and DP used from someone local. He had it installed for well over 10K miles, and the flanges and hangers are like new. I'm majorly impressed. I anticipate running into fitment issues, but others have seemed to eventually get it worked out.
    Flashpro (tuned by Vit)
    AEM CAI
    HFP suspension

[Full Race catted DP and Full Race exhaust with added Vibrant ultra quiet resonator and Vibrant muffler swap] FOR SALE

Gonna bring this thread back to life. I'm thinking about getting the Ultimate Racing Exhaust. I don't want a fully loaded one with the resonator and muffler, just one of them. Which one his quieter/less droney? Exhaust with the resonator or secondary muffler? Just want some more info from people who have this before buying this (or the full race if it's too loud).
    2009 Camry Base (Metallic Silver) (Handed Down to Brother) Hidden Content
    2015 Civic Si (Modern Steel Metallic) - Roksana Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Marcin_Sdf View Post
    Gonna bring this thread back to life. I'm thinking about getting the Ultimate Racing Exhaust. I don't want a fully loaded one with the resonator and muffler, just one of them. Which one his quieter/less droney? Exhaust with the resonator or secondary muffler? Just want some more info from people who have this before buying this (or the full race if it's too loud).
    For sure the one with secondary muffler. I had looked hard at the UR exhaust, but was turned off by the fact that their hanger connectors aren't stainless steel and eventually rust.

I went Full Race for that reason.

If you don't want a lot of drone and noise, don't get a 3" exhaust. Trust me on that. If you have to have the 3" exhaust and are willing to be patient, have a J-pipe welded just before the rear muffler. It will kill the drone.
    Marcin_Sdf likes this.
    Flashpro (tuned by Vit)
    AEM CAI
    HFP suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Civi9 View Post
    For sure the one with secondary muffler. I had looked hard at the UR exhaust, but was turned off by the fact that their hanger connectors aren't stainless steel and eventually rust.

I went Full Race for that reason.

If you don't want a lot of drone and noise, don't get a 3" exhaust. Trust me on that. If you have to have the 3" exhaust and are willing to be patient, have a J-pipe welded just before the rear muffler. It will kill the drone.
    I'm fine with a little bit of drone. I also want a 3" exhaust because I plan on eventually going boosted (probably turbo). I'm pretty sure you can weld on new hangars (right?), so if they do rust, I'll just have a shop weld ones. Thanks for the info/advice
    Civi9 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcin_Sdf View Post
    I'm fine with a little bit of drone. I also want a 3" exhaust because I plan on eventually going boosted (probably turbo). I'm pretty sure you can weld on new hangars (right?), so if they do rust, I'll just have a shop weld ones. Thanks for the info/advice
    Yes sir! New hangers can be swapped on. May even be worth it to buy some stainless steel parts and have a shop swap em before installing the exhaust.

Although, our stock exhaust and DP have parts that rust too, I've noticed. lol...

BTW if you were in Texas, I have a killer DP and Exhaust combo for sale. Full race with added resonator to clean up rasp. Catted DP.
    Flashpro (tuned by Vit)
    AEM CAI
    HFP suspension

I don't live in Texas (though I wish I did). I live in the cold, windy city of Chicago (but today it's 60 yay). But for DP, I'm still debating on that for now. My list right now is exhaust, then springs, then wheels (or tune). That list is going to expand in the future hopefully. Thanks for the offer though!
    Civi9 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.