9th Gen Civic Forum banner

High power LED HB3, HB4 bulbs installed!

45K views 107 replies 45 participants last post by  mkhatr01 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm very excited about these LED lights.

I received a couple sets of them few days ago and never get chance to install onto my car until tonight. No error code or flicking issues, bulbs themselves are waterproof, rated at 2,400 lumens with lifespan of 30,000 hours. Light color is about 5,000K, it's crystal white with hint of blue, which is exactly what I'm looking for.

My first impression is H*****y ****! THEY ARE BRIGHT! You can clearly see the different from the side-by-side picture. Because they are LED so no warm up or dim down when you flashing high beam, they just on/off instantly. I can also confirm you won't loose high beam with these bulbs. They receive lower voltage when used as DRL but will instantly switch to full power high beam if needed and super bright.

They are very easy to install, basically plug and play. Low beam on driver side is little hard because of space, but all I need to do just untie the battery.

Side by Side comparison

Lowe Beam

Both sides on low beam

Just perfect!

Conclusion? Best $100 ever spent on the car, EVER! Wife loves them, no rewiring/error code/modification/heat issues, perfect match to my yellow fogs, and SUPER BRIGHT!!!!!!:wigglesmiley:

See less See more
#12 ·
I choice UPS so I just had to pay GST/PST, no brokerage fee, brokerage fee for UPS applies to standard ground shipping only. I did aim the beam lower after driving at night for the first time because I don't want to blind anyone. Light pattern still the same, this wont change unless you are replacing the fixture.

#18 ·
I haven't notice any issue with these bulbs, they worked really well, no warm up, no glare (I did aim them down), bright enough for night driving. With our stand fixture, you will get a narrow beam pattern. That have nothing to do with bulbs themselves, I have same bulbs in my wife's Elantra GT which have projectors, I got great coverage.

#24 ·
I bought Cree XML2 2000 LM 9005 & 9006 off ebay to replace both high & low beams. DRL's worked just fine, no Imid troubles, and nice and white (6000K) I will say the actual high beam isn't all that, might work best with a projector set up but the low beam seems like an improvement over stock halogen.

#30 ·
Well here's the end result! Install was a breeze. I didn't even have to move the battery. Pretty self explanatory stuff. I like the LED's, just not sure how I feel about the narrow beam pattern on the road. This one might pair better with a set of projectors.... (next project)... Seriously love working on this car! Now just working on converting all my lights to LED.... :eusa_clap: Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Honda

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.