Spark plugs for boost / MAP sensor for boost
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Spark plugs for boost / MAP sensor for boost

Spark plugs for boost / MAP sensor for boost

What plugs are you using, with what compression ratio and boost pressure ???
    What MAP sensor are you using -stock -RDX-Hondata-Speed Factory-other ???
    K24Z3 (SAME HEAD AND INTERNALS AS K24Z7) Precision 5858 (now Comp Turbo CTX4 6265 ball bearing) fully built motor 9.0-1 compression ratio boosting 22PSI on 91 pump and water meth injection, custom built turbo system by me my build thread Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I am using NGK - ILKR8E6, these are one step colder than stock and designed for an EVO X.

Running stock compression @ 9.7psi (CT-E SC) with factory MAP sensor.
    Runs perfectly. If I decide to go over 10psi, I'll go with the Hondata 4 bar map sensor.

For anyone reading, 2012 + Si's don't use the same MAP as the 06-11's.
    2017 Accord V6 Touring Sedan in WOP
    OEM Aerokit + Sports Grille

CT-e Supercharged/ IMT Stage 2 Ver.2 Aftercooled @12psi
    VitViper tuned via Hondata Flashpro/ Hondata Traction Control

Quote Originally Posted by 08nhpbfa5 View Post
    I am using NGK - ILKR8E6, these are one step colder than stock and designed for an EVO X.

For anyone reading, 2012 + Si's don't use the same MAP as the 06-11's.
    The map sensor is a problem with my automatic 2009 tsx and several 8th gen civics with automatic and turbo charged, the transmission free reeves when shifting with 4 bar map sensor, I used a speed factory 4 bar sensor and it would free reeve unless I used the paddle shifters then it would shift fine, still need to try an RDX MAP sensor the stock sensor wont read 15lbs of boost I will be running and see if that will work
    K24Z3 (SAME HEAD AND INTERNALS AS K24Z7) Precision 5858 (now Comp Turbo CTX4 6265 ball bearing) fully built motor 9.0-1 compression ratio boosting 22PSI on 91 pump and water meth injection, custom built turbo system by me my build thread Hidden Content

DrB
    Big Timer!!!

Smile

Running OEM Denso spark plugs and OEM MAP sensor. I have the stage 1 CT-e supercharger (3.6" pulley), and the highest boost I have seen my MAP sensor read is 4psi (I'm at 4600 foot altitude here in SLC, Utah), which is about 7psi boost over ambient pressure here in SLC -- even if I upgrade to the 3.15" stage 2 pulley, I'll be good with the OEM MAP sensor here at Utah altitudes (lol)! Have not upgraded internals, so I'm running stock 11.0:1 cr.

I average 1-2 random knocks (under low engine loads) per week on my commutes (~4 hours of driving per week).

FYI: I'm running 32 ounces of Torco Accelerator per 10 gallons of 91 octane premium pump gas -- according to torco.com, I'm effectively running a 102 octane fuel. Been running this blend of fuel since I installed the blower (~5100 miles logged now).
    Last edited by DrB; 09-03-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Finally got around to installing my NGK - ILKR8E6 today. Car seems to run really good with them....better than the stock ones.
    PRL Turbo 2012 Honda Civic Si // CBP // Sedan - (SOLD)

2015 WW Evo X GSR - Bolt-ons/Stock Turbo - 353whp/349wtq on 91

4 bar map sensor

I think I found my map sensor problem, the Speed Factory sensor I'm using is for older models, the 2012 up civic and 2009 up TSX (same engine) use a different map sensor, blast when I bought my flashpro it was not on the Hondata site, another hundred bucks down the drain Grrrrrr
    thanks for pointing this out 08nhpbfa5
    4 BAR MAP Sensor
    Last edited by UTAH TSX; 09-03-2013 at 11:02 PM.
    K24_SC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH TSX View Post
    I think I found my map sensor problem, the Speed Factory sensor I'm using is for older models, the 2012 up civic and 2009 up TSX (same engine) use a different map sensor, blast when I bought my flashpro it was not on the Hondata site, another hundred bucks down the drain Grrrrrr
    thanks for pointing this out 08nhpbfa5
    4 BAR MAP Sensor
    I've been running that 4bar and it runs great.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    PRL Turbo 2012 Honda Civic Si // CBP // Sedan - (SOLD)

2015 WW Evo X GSR - Bolt-ons/Stock Turbo - 353whp/349wtq on 91

Automatic transmission and flash pro, Hondata figured out why my transmission was shifting and free revving, I was not using the AFM sensor just the IAT and MAP for fuel tables so I disabled AFM by un checking it on the flashpro calibration
    Hondata wrote:
    You need to enable the AFM in order for the AT computer to work correctly (and it should be in the intake pipe and reading the air flow). You can have both the AFM and 'Use MAP Fuel Tables' enabled at the same time, and it will use the correct MAP fuel tables.

Also the AT computer will not read the manifold pressure correctly with a 4 bar MAP sensor. If you are below 14 lbs boost then use the stock MAP sensor.
    Last edited by UTAH TSX; 09-07-2013 at 12:10 AM.

Ok the maf sensor did not make my automatic shift better, so I got a RDX 2.8 bar map sensor and it shifts normal again (YEAH)
    not as silky smooth as stock sensor but it is ok I could only boost it to 10PSI now I'm at 15lbs and it runs great (thanks to VitViper tunning he is the man I will not let anyone but him tune my stuff from now on)

Banned
    I'm running NGK 1422's laser iridium. Hopefully these will compliment my turbo install

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.