PRL Motorsports 2012 Civic SI Turbo kit design thread
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: PRL Motorsports 2012 Civic SI Turbo kit design thread

Supporting Vendor PRL Motorsports's Avatar

PRL Motorsports 2012 Civic SI Turbo kit design thread

hey guys, first off let me start with a quick introduction. prl motorsports is a full fabrication shop located in western pennsylvania dedicated to bringing some of the highest quality performance parts to the industry. With our top quality cnc fabrication equipment we are able to produce unique parts to fill the voids that we have found in the market. One of the latest markets we are tackling is the new 2012 and up civic SI. Knowing the potential of the K series from the previous generations of the civic, we picked up a 2012 from the local honda dealer a few months ago. having put some miles on the car to get a feel for it, and coming up with a game plan for what we want to do with our production turbo kit, we started the development phase about a week ago. I figured it was time to start a thread on the car now.

some of the features of the kit will be:
    -precision or garret based turbos using the 2.5" vband t31 housing. basically any t3 based turbo from precision or garret will be able to be used with our kit. this includes all of the billet compressor wheel precision turbos, the ball bearing precisions, garrett GT and GTX series turbos.
    -external wastegate
    -fog lights fit
    -no need to relocate battery
    -fits stock intake manifold
    -full 3 inch downpipe that bolts to stock exhaust or aftermarket exhausts
    -full 4 inch intake and wastegate dumptube included in our standard kit

anyway, here is some pictures of the progress to date:

here's some pics of the car the day we picked it up at the dealer:

we threw it on our dyno the next day to see what it would do bone stock. not too bad i suppose. driving it though, the rev hang issue is absolutely horrible.
    PRL Motorsports 2012 Civic SI Turbo kit design thread-2012-civic-si-stock.jpg
    and some video of it as well:

turbo manifold design

intercooler mockup (same intercooler we use on our 06-11 SI kit. uses garret 3" core, cnc machined billet endtanks with internal air dividers to get flow across the entire core)

Turbo manifold "clamshells" machined from 1018 billet using the steedspeed.com patented process (u.s. patent 7096583)

Turbo manifold flanges:

turbo manifold welded:

Oil feed fitting with proper metric threads for block and sensor and NPT for feed line:

Custom 1 piece downpipe we have bent for the 06-11 SI, the 2012 will be very similar:

Precision Billet wheel turbos we'll be using with the kit:

Turbo placement and fitment:

Thats about all i have for today. i'm going to try to keep updating this as best as I can as i have more to show.

--jason
    PRL Motorsports
    follow us on facebook ==> PRL Motorsports, LLC - Race Cars, Automotive Parts & Accessories - Loyalhanna, PA | Facebook
    Last edited by PRL Motorsports; 07-13-2012 at 03:44 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I was really excited to see a full fabrication shop in PA... but then I realized you're about a 5 hour drive away. Still, it is great to see someone other than full race working on a turbo kit.
    Digger likes this.
    K24Z7 Crew #12
    Northeast Crew #4
    K&N SRI, Flashpro, Eibach Sways, Boomba mounts, Yospeed Battery Tie, 55w 5000k HIDs in OEM projectors

awesome! what are you guys looking to tune with? great to see progress on our new cars.
    Digger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 710_Si View Post
    awesome! what are you guys looking to tune with? great to see progress on our new cars.
    Good question ,!
    Digger likes this.

Can't wait I would buy it. Yes what will u be using for your tuning solution?
    12 TW Civic Si Sedan.

OMG that fabrication work looks sweet! Thanks so much for sharing your pics and progress,there is hope after all. Interested in the estimated price. Will this be sold as a complete kit w/tune and injectors etc? I just started a new job today with a substantial raise and it seems to all be coming together.W00T!!.................subscribed!
    2012 CBP Civic SI Coupe......Hondata Flash Pro Tuned by Vit,RBC Intake manifold,Ultimate Racing 3'' High flow Catted Downpipe, Full-Race 3'' Cat back Exhaust,8th gen AEM CAI, 17'' Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels, Road Magnet Lowering Springs,Eibach Rear Anti Sway Bar,Buddy Club Short Shifter, OEM Honda Projector headlights, Xentec 4300 Ultra White Hid low beams,Eibach rear camber adjust arms, K24z7 Crew #90. 200hp club member #8 225.7 Hp on e85. 218 on 92 ocatne pump gas.

Big Timer!!!
    What about a kit for the 2012 R18 Civics
    Last edited by T_Virus; 07-01-2012 at 12:09 PM.
    Digger likes this.

Top Dawg!!
    This Thread effin rocks!!!!!!!! Lol. The photos are awesome and the quality looks top notch! I'm curious on price? Tuning? HP produced on stock internals and at what boost?

Keep up the GREAT work!
    Si_formeandyou and Digger like this.

Supporting Vendor PRL Motorsports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrub View Post
    I was really excited to see a full fabrication shop in PA... but then I realized you're about a 5 hour drive away. Still, it is great to see someone other than full race working on a turbo kit.
    if you ever make it out to this side of the state, feel free to stop by and check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by 710_Si View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tran View Post
    Can't wait I would buy it. Yes what will u be using for your tuning solution?
    unfortunately, we are in the same boat as everyone else and at the mercy of hondata on this one. we might look into using the older computers w/ jumper harness for the time being, but hopefully hondata will get the ball rolling on this so we don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by HEYPHILLIP View Post
    What about a kit for the 2012 R18 Civics
    if we have the right donor car we could do it. we don't have any customers yet looking for one that we could use their car for. the right one comes by we should be able to make it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Utahs First 2012 Si View Post
    This Thread effin rocks!!!!!!!! Lol. The photos are awesome and the quality looks top notch! I'm curious on price? Tuning? HP produced on stock internals and at what boost?

Keep up the GREAT work!
    Thanks! we haven't set prices on any of it yet as we're still in the development stage, but we always try to be very competitive. can't say on hp levels yet either as the kit is still being designed. knowing how well the 06-11's make power, i'm sure the K24 will be right on par.

--jason
    PRL Motorsports
    follow us on facebook ==> PRL Motorsports, LLC - Race Cars, Automotive Parts & Accessories - Loyalhanna, PA | Facebook
    Digger and Gbejarano like this.

Big Timer!!!
    Looking good! ETA?
    Digger likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-25-2013, 03:27 PM
  2. 03-13-2013, 09:43 AM