Honda B1 Service?
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Honda B1 Service?

Honda dealership told me there's a tire rotation indicator?

My first maintenance light came on and I was at 4,300 miles so I decided to call Honda dealership for an oil change and such. I also asked them about getting my tires rotated and I was told that it didn't need to be rotated because the civic has it's own indicator telling you when to rotate your tires. I do mostly city and mountain driving so I'm concerned about my tires having uneven treads. Is there really an indicator telling you when your tires need to be rotated? Will it cost money if I have my tires rotated at Honda or do you think it will be cheaper if I have it done someplace else like Midas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Beware the Corn-a-Saurus! bluestar's Avatar
    My oil change has been running at about 7500 miles with 30 percent left on minder... I rotate my miles every oil change but that's just me... There is a rotation minder on there but at 7500 miles it had not popped up for me... Anybody else here had there's go off and what mileage did it show?

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    Beware...the Zombie Apocalypse is coming.....followed by the uprising of the Smurfs....recommend stocking up Ramen Noodles now!!!

K24Z7 Crew Member # 1
    Former Owner of 2012 CBP Si Sedan

The MM system has it. The A1 means oil change and tire rotation. B is more service. The 1 is for tire rotation.

After having mine on for 10,000 miles and unrotated, I had 2/32 mismatch on tread depth.

Personally, I'm going to rotate more like 5,000 miles and oil at 7,500 miles. I don't trust MM system and it's my car and I'll do what I want, when I want, not what some chimp (yeah, like the monkey) at Honda programmed the car to do. It's kind of a cool, but I like to wipe my own a$$.
    My signature actually might not randomly change on me now. bluestar?
    Hmm just noticed this signature... well I may not be BlueStar but enjoy

HI UNGA BUNGA - Das FOo!

K24Z7 Crew Member #11
    HFP Crew Member #11

2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe - Crystal Black Pearl
    2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road - Barcelona Red

Big Timer!!!
    14K a couple of oil changes later, and no rotation reminder yet. I guess I should rotate, but have been lazy..

I am a Honda mechinac in Pensacola Florida.. The new Hondas are fit with a mantience minder..
    A1= oil change only with out filter
    B1= oil and filter change and a tire rotation
    B2= engine air filter and cabin air filter replacement is necessary
    B3= Trans fluid replacement
    there are more lights but you shouldn't see any of them for a while

With all that said I still change my oil and rotate my tires every 3k it's really just your choice

When you see the display on mm it is telling you to change air filter, cabin filter and rotate tires. It popped on mine at about 17 or 18,000 miles I think. I changed the filters myself. I had already rotated my tires at 10,000 and then did it again at 20,000 miles. When at the dealership for another oil change at 24,000 I had them reset the mm for me. I have my normal tire guy rotate them and so far the wear has been uniform and minimal.

Pretty sure mine said A12
    Last edited by 9GenSi; 08-09-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    2012 Civic Si Coupe CBP
    On my way to 200K miles and I am almost 1/2 of the way there!

K24Z7 Crew Member #30
    High Milers Club Member

Big Pimping!!!
    A1= oil change only with out filter.....why would you not change the filter???

I use to do that on an old $800.00 POS Nova I use to have, but wouldn't think of it on this car! So if changed at the Honda dealership, they will only change the filter every other time??? Well I'll be certain to ask them to change it every time if thats the case!!!

My Honda tech would no way change just the oil, and he is no fan of the mm in general. He wants to see it changed at 5,000 or 50% whichever comes first.
    2012 Civic Si Coupe CBP
    On my way to 200K miles and I am almost 1/2 of the way there!

K24Z7 Crew Member #30
    High Milers Club Member

Big Pimping!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 9GenSi View Post
    My Honda tech would no way change just the oil, and he is no fan of the mm in general. He wants to see it changed at 5,000 or 50% whichever comes first.
    I couldn't imagine my Acura dealer doing this as an oil change is always the same price, meaning the same amount of parts for service are being used including the filter, it's not like one time I may go in its cheaper than another like if there wasn't a filter being used, can't believe the MM is made this way, to state filter, than state not use a filter, weird.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

MM has done that on every Honda I've had with it. Next time you change your filter, get a cutting wheel and cut it open, then let it drip dry for a week or so. Chances are you will find the pleats pretty much spotless and clean.

The last SAAB I owned (2001 9-5) was known for sludging. I was constantly cleaning the thing out, analyzing the oil, manually scrubbing the insides of the engine, and cutting open filters to check progress. When you have a dirty filter, you'll know it! I've never seen anything in my Hondas' filter media...
    K24Z7 Crew Member #147
    200+ WHP Club Member#25

2012 Si Sedan (AS)
    May 2012-Feb 2014 (traded off!)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.