Oil FAQ - oil and filter change questions and which brand to go with? - Page 101
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 270 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2693
Like Tree612Likes

Thread: Oil FAQ - oil and filter change questions and which brand to go with?

in reality the dealer Doesnt have to use your products if he doesnt want to.. in fact the dealer May be prohibited from doing so due to contrwcts the dealer franchise may have with certain vendors.. say that franchise has an exclusive agreement with mobil-1 synthetic oils and then a customer shows up with royal purple.. that dealer could lose their pricing point on that product..

as for paying CASH for the car.. as far as the DEALER is concerned EVERYONE paid cash.. as the banks or AHFS write notes on the cars and then pay the dealers.. they have their money from EVERY car.. the dealers dont wait for their money.. so that doesnt really matter...

I agree some dealerships can be real tools.. but some are great.. and a dealer only has to deal in the products they sell.. if a customer doesnt like it they have the option of going to another ASE certified mechanic and documenting that all proper maintenance was performed to their car to keep the warranty in effect..

as a dealer / installer of telecom / wireless networks.. its not often that a customer hands us their own ethernet switch that we will install and set it up for them when we sell ethernet switches.. sometimes yes... othertimes not.. but we dont HAVE to!..

-Christopher

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Hey - I'm aware of all that - from talking to Locals, they have all had the "same" experiences with this particular Honda Dealer - funny because the Owner - Holman - also owns Infinity, BMW, Audi and Ford Dealerships in the same area and people who bought at Infinity say the Service Dept couldn't be nicer............so............no biggie here - just found out the hard way that this particular Dealer is not easy to work with is all.........all they had to do is to "inform" me about the "product issue" and I could have handled it myself.
    Larry
    2012 Si Sedan/HPT.... PMM
    VIN #2197 "Lil Bastard"
    Bought 5-16-12
    Holman Honda/Ft Lauderdale
    POP Member #34

Everyone hates on Barrie Honda... but i took my car in to get it checked because my oil pan was wet and they were quick and responsive!! as well my car had not had its first oil changes because the factory sets the first change for 9000km!! I asked them to change the oil for me at only 7200km and to rotate my tires. they did this all for me without question or giving me a hard time!! ( thank god they did it i was going drag racing the next day!! ) lol! Being nice to them will get you farther then arguing with them. I agree you have to hold your ground and be firm as some will try to screw you but only to a certain extent!

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Why do people have anyone change their oil unless they're too old to get under a car on ramps. It's an easy 20 minute job. Less time than it takes to drive it to and from the dealer and cheaper. As far as the dealer, find another one....that simple. Lastly, does anyone here really care about this one incident?
    Only the knife knows what goes on in the heart of the pumpkin......unknown

Guns don't kill people, drivers on cell phones kill people.

Drain the swamp. Force term limits.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to make people believe he doesn't exist".......a movie.

They do that because they don't want you to come in 2 weeks later complaining of engine noise from your brand new Honda u paid cash for and want it covered under warranty.. I'm sure they did the work u asked for but it was definitely noted in the paper work you supplied your own filter and oil for your free oil change. Just speaking from a dealer techs point of view
    all about the little details...
    2005 mitsu evo

I work at a honda dealer in Florida as an express tech. At my honda, we do the Multi-Point Inspection (MPI) on every car that comes into the shop.. This means lights, wipers, all fluids under the hood, filters, tire wear, brakes, check for leaks etc. I would assume this is universal at every dealership, just ask next time your in if they will do the free MPI for you. Thats how they make more money off you anyways! haha Honda recommends changing oil at 15% oil life.
    '12 Honda Civic Si Sedan
    '08 Triumph Daytona 675
    '06 Suzuki GSXR 750 - Sold
    '00 Integra Turbo - Traded
    '92 Civic Hatch - Sold

Why go to the dealership for an oil change if you are going to bring your own oil/filter? Why not do it yourself or have a cheaper non-dealer mechanic do it? It's not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by turbojay View Post
    Why go to the dealership for an oil change if you are going to bring your own oil/filter? Why not do it yourself or have a cheaper non-dealer mechanic do it? It's not rocket science.
    I think he doesn't have a place or local rules prohibit him from doing it. He said it somewhere on this thread already.
    bluestar gave me the clap.

K24Z7 Crew Member #11
    HFP Crew Member #11

2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe - Crystal Black Pearl
    2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road - Barcelona Red

Big Pimping!!!

15,000 Mile Service

Got a letter from the dealership I bought my Si indicated to me I'm do for 15 K service, had the Si about a year now, sad thing is hate to inform them I'm not even half way to 15 K, lol...currently at 6400.

Whats all done at a 15 K service, thx

i think i will be at about 14k when my year is up in november....
    Beware...the Zombie Apocalypse is coming.....followed by the uprising of the Smurfs....recommend stocking up Ramen Noodles now!!!

K24Z7 Crew Member # 1
    Former Owner of 2012 CBP Si Sedan

Hidden Content

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.