Oil FAQ - oil and filter change questions and which brand to go with? - Page 3
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 270 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree612Likes

Thread: Oil FAQ - oil and filter change questions and which brand to go with?

Quote Originally Posted by dashline79 View Post
    Have you seen as well from a pic of the k24's oil filler cap it specifies 0w-20. Anybody know what the tsx and accord k24's ask for in viscosity?
    AFAIK, the 2011 Accord K24 has changed to 0W20.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Fram filters are TRASH!
    RitcheyRch likes this.
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage" - Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by 02civicsi View Post
    Fram filters are TRASH!
    This is true for all Fram except the Xtended Guard: Inside a Fram Extended Guard - Bob Is The Oil Guy

And some more: http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articl...lterstudy.html
    Last edited by mikefxu; 05-12-2011 at 07:25 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Guess you missed the part that reads that with all that filter media that it only filters out 97% @ 20 microns where as th Pureone filters 99% @ 20 microns for cheaper than the Extended Guard. I stand by my post.
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage" - Lao Tzu

I don't care what the manufacturer claims the facts are the facts: GM Truck Central Oil filter Comparison

I could claim I am Jesus, am I Jesus?

It's right there @ the bottom of the OP in your first link, that's not a manufacturer claim.
    Last edited by 02civicsi; 05-13-2011 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Is your middle name Hey-zeus?

Quote Originally Posted by Northbridge View Post
    AFAIK, the 2011 Accord K24 has changed to 0W20.
    Yup, so it seems, 0w-20 ain't exactly the cheapest oil though. Oh well.
    Waiting for a '13 Honda Civic Si Sedan in Sunburst Orange Pearl (or Dyno Blue Pearl?)
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

...oorrrr, the new Acura ILX???... Pass, Civic it is.

Hidden Content "Pain is the weakness that is leaving your body." - Author Unknown

"Wherever you go, there you are." - Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by 02civicsi View Post
    It's right there @ the bottom of the OP in your first link, that's not a manufacturer claim.
    Those numbers are per the manufacturers:
    PureONE Oil Filters
    FRAM Oil Filters and Air Filters - Choose your region | FRAM®

Looking at these test it appears the Fram filter is doing a lot better job then the PureOne: GM Truck Central Oil filter Comparison

Big Pimping!!! stringfellowhawke's Avatar

Oil change questions and which brand to go with?

My dealer said I should have an oil change done at 1,000 miles to clear out any possible broken down metals. I asked if they had synthetic oil in the car and he said no, but I can switch to it when I have the oil change done.
    I do my own oil changes so my first question is, is the 2012 the same as the 2011 as far as going about doing an oil change? Same location of oil filter, etc..? I havent found a diy on the 12 yet, but assume its the same as the 11 underneath.

Also, which oil should I go with Amsoil or Mobil 1? Only 1 store around me has the Mobil 1 in 0w-20, but I've read from some people that they feel Amsoil is better. Is there really that much difference? I do plan to use oem filters due to warranty concerns, but Honda doesnt have a fully synthetic oil, just a blend and I defiantly want to go full.
    2012 Honda Civic LX
    Dyno Blue Pearl

I was never told anything about an oil change at 1000 miles
    2012 Civic Sedan EX in Dyno Blue Pearl V1
    Have:
    LED Dome, License, DTRL, and Trunk lights; Morimoto Mini H1 with 6000k bulbs; Dual Accord Horn upgrade;
    Soon:
    Full Stereo Overhaul, Seat Covers, light overlays, led dtrls, hid backup lights, black grill.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 270 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.