Chassis Codes?
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Chassis Codes?

Chassis Codes?

Does anybody know the chassis codes of the 9th gen civic coupe, coupe Si and sedan Si? The chassis code for the regular sedan is FB2.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I am wondering the same thing. Im surprised no one who has been to those events where the cars are physically there and check.

A example of a non-si Coupe's VIN # is 2HGFG3B84CH500271 so does that make it an FG3? I think so.

Havent seen any Si VIN's for the coupe or sedan.

I was at the event in D.C and I was so excited to dee the car and to know what engine it had on 4/7 (K24Z7). That it actually slipped my mind.

Fg3 sounds cool. I would like it if they stayed FGs. They are very similar. Much like 92-95 and 96-2000 civics are EJs

Yeah, I remember reading your review on the 8th, really nice and welcome to the site btw, but I have a few questions if you don't mind me going a little OT.

You said you liked the interior, but how did the interior feel like compared to the 8th, you know the doors, dash, the plastics, etc?

The interior has been taking a beating as if late, it would be nice to hear an opinion from another person who has actually sat in the car lol.

The seats don't look as contoured as the 8th but do they still sit and feel the same? Thanks.
    Waiting for a '13 Honda Civic Si Sedan in Sunburst Orange Pearl (or Dyno Blue Pearl?)

...oorrrr, the new Acura ILX???... Pass, Civic it is.

"Pain is the weakness that is leaving your body." - Author Unknown

"Wherever you go, there you are." - Author Unknown

I can't compare this Civic to any other as it is my first time owning one, but I am used to driving BMW's, so my expectations are high.

If I had to rate the 9th Gen's interior, I would say that the cockpit is modern and cool. I love i-Mid and gauges, the steering is just the right size and the feel is sporty. I think the seats grip almost as well as my buddy's '08 Si Coupe, but obviously not the same, but what upsets me the most about the interior is the "quality". The cloth on the seats feels fragile. I'm very afraid to spill anything on it and I'm paranoid about rips. It doesn't help that the only two colors are gray or beige (i have the gray). The carpet is also gray...

Why didn't they make a black interioir =(

But I'm mostly disappointed with the cloth used and the darker part of the doors and dash feels like a cheap plastic. It scratches easily.

Another few things I dislike is visibility on rear view and when you drop the trunk to shut it, it sounds really loud and hollow. No sound deadening at all.

I traded my 7 series in for the civic for the fuel economy since I drive a lot to work and nothing else... and that's where this car is great. I'm averaging 35mpg so far and I've only had it 5 days, slashed my fuel costs by 75%.... but this Civic is NOT meant for spirited driving.

Handles well for what it is, steers well, seems well balanced and operates quietly... but it can't pass-up another car or climb from 35mph to 65mph when getting on the highway without you having to slam your accelerator to the ground forever.

I have the EX.
    '12 Sedan EX ASM | Alpine Type R SPR-60c Components | Alpine Type R SPR-17c Rears | Alpine MRP-MF550 4-Channel Amp | Alpine Type R 1042D 10" Subwoofer | Alpine MRP-M500 2-Channel Amp | Audio Control LC6i | OEM Head Unit | Road Magnet Springs | 9thGen Si Wheels |

this is going off topic...lol...
    ***08/08/11 - I got my 2012 Rally Red Honda Civic Si Sedan. ***

*2nd 9thGenCivic.Com Member with a 2012 Rally Red Honda Civic Si Sedan.* 1st is 67cougar.

- 2012 Rally Red Honda Civic Si Sedan (Current)
    - 2003 Satin Silver Metallic Honda Civic Si Hatchback (Sold)
    - 1994 Pard Blue Green Pearl Acura Integra GSR Coupe (Stolen/Totaled)
    - 1992 Super White Toyota Corolla DX Sedan (Totaled)

LOL my bad

So is it FG3?
    '12 Sedan EX ASM | Alpine Type R SPR-60c Components | Alpine Type R SPR-17c Rears | Alpine MRP-MF550 4-Channel Amp | Alpine Type R 1042D 10" Subwoofer | Alpine MRP-M500 2-Channel Amp | Audio Control LC6i | OEM Head Unit | Road Magnet Springs | 9thGen Si Wheels |

Hybrid: FB4
    Non Si Coupe: FG3
    Non Si Sedan: FB2
    Si Coupe: ?
    Si Sedan: ?

I'll know as soon as they are available though

Quote Originally Posted by 02SilverSiHB View Post
    Hybrid: FB4
    Non Si Coupe: FG3
    Non Si Sedan: FB2
    Si Coupe: ?
    Si Sedan: ?

I'll know as soon as they are available though
    How'd you get the hybrid?
    Waiting for a '13 Honda Civic Si Sedan in Sunburst Orange Pearl (or Dyno Blue Pearl?)

...oorrrr, the new Acura ILX???... Pass, Civic it is.

"Pain is the weakness that is leaving your body." - Author Unknown

"Wherever you go, there you are." - Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by dashline79 View Post
    How'd you get the hybrid?
    it's quite easy really. Any time I need a chassis code, I just look at autotrader.com lol

I "Find a Car" and narrow my search for the specific car I want to see, then it will show the VIN (you have to click the VIN to show it).
    Discostu69er likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 05-20-2012, 06:57 PM