Jack points?
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Jack points?

Jack points?

Anyone know where the best place is to put my hydraulic jack to lift up my new 2012?
    Looking for the best front and rear points.
    TXS
    Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

See page 302 in your manual. You will see a approximately 3 inch ridged structure at the locations indicated in the manual.

That is for the jack that comes with the vehicle. i am looking for places to jack with a floor jack.
    beretta_m9a1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jocoman View Post
    That is for the jack that comes with the vehicle. i am looking for places to jack with a floor jack.
    On the 8th, I used the spot in the back where there is a round shaped medal piece...basically the tow hook I believe? Then in the front, almost in the center of the subframe is a spot for it.

Same location as indicated in the manual. In prior generation Accords and Civics I have done fine with the rear tow hook and front lower radiator frame, there is a notch. I read that there has been issue with bending the lower radiator frame on some newer vehicles don't know if this is true or not.

Quote Originally Posted by mikefxu View Post
    Same location as indicated in the manual. In prior generation Accords and Civics I have done fine with the rear tow hook and front lower radiator frame, there is a notch. I read that there has been issue with bending the lower radiator frame on some newer vehicles don't know if this is true or not.
    yeah, I wouldn't go for the front lower radiator frame...the subframe will work fine with no worries of bending it.

Where to place floor jack to raise rear end

Hello all,

I'm waiting for the service manual to come out and I have not seen anything in the owners manual on where to place floor jack to lift the rear end so both rear wheels are up at the same time. While the rear wheels are up, I wanted to place jackstands in the area under the rear doors (as shown in the owners manual).

I have attached photos to indicate where I think the floor jack point would be. Can anyone confirm if it's on the tow "eye" or under the rear axle area?

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jack points?-img_1683.jpg   Jack points?-img_1686.jpg  
    Last edited by chivas1; 10-08-2011 at 01:38 PM.
    Digger likes this.
    2012 Civic LX Sedan
    Alabaster Silver

Quote Originally Posted by chivas1 View Post
    Hello all,

I'm waiting for the service manual to come out and I have not seen anything in the owners manual on where to place floor jack to lift the rear end so both rear wheels are up at the same time. While the rear wheels are up, I wanted to place jackstands in the area under the rear doors (as shown in the owners manual).

I have attached photos to indicate where I think the floor jack point would be. Can anyone confirm if it's on the tow "eye" or under the rear axle area?

Thanks!
    Hard to say what you have circled there but if this helps , On a Accord you can lift from that tail tow hook in back and in front there a arrow in center of front subframe to do same on front .
    jack stands go on the pinch weld seems by rocker panels (that should be in Owners manual ).

Someone else I am sure can confirm this for civic .
    Digger likes this.

Lift Point

I think you got it bro. I saw that too. It looks like a lift point, but I have to say, it doesn't look very stout. I'm sure the rear of the car is that heavy anyway.

I rotated my tires last weekend and I used 2 jacks for the rear and one for the front. Of course you could only do that if you have 3 jacks. That has to be the lift point because there is nothing else back there.
    Digger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by USCGChief View Post
    I think you got it bro. ...... That has to be the lift point because there is nothing else back there.
    Chief,

I just wanted to be sure which photo you were referring to as the lift point. Was it the tow hook or the photo underneath?

hehe, btw, I only have 2 floor jacks
    Digger likes this.
    2012 Civic LX Sedan
    Alabaster Silver

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.