New guy here, 2013 black si coupe!
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dfanatic86
  • 1 Post By scottyrocks

Thread: New guy here, 2013 black si coupe!

Greenhorn

New guy here, 2013 black si coupe!

My car has but one mod, a k&n cold air intake. I have an invidia n1 catback exhaust sitting at my house. I want to do a downpipe but have no idea what to get. Any pros out there have pointers or suggestions on what to do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Welcome!!

My recommendation would be a 3" Downpipe, and flash pro with a tune through Vit Viper. See vittuned.com. If you go this route for a tune, i'd recommend upgrading to priority.

Greenhorn
    Welcome.

From everything I've read a tune is most important. If you have the exhaust and intake I would recommend the downpipe like park way recommended and a tune to get the power out of the mods. Never worked with Vit before but I've read good things through the forum. I'm in the same stages as you are with my 2015 si coupe so I've been doing a lot of research.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    Awesome I'll look into those things next. Is there a brand of downpipe I should be getting? Or are they all the same?

Welcome to the site! Thanks for joining us. A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas. Good luck with all your plans and keep us posted!

One Bad Mama Jama!!! dfanatic86's Avatar
    Welcome aboard bud! You won't be seeing any gains until you get a tune. Most bolt on's affect performance in a negative way. My advice would be to start with FP and go from there. No point in throwing money at bolt on's until you have a way to manage all those new parts to work in conjunction together.
    scottyrocks likes this.
    2012TW FB6
    HPS Intake/K&N drop in
    Hondata Flashpro
    VitTuned-ish

Civic Ex Sedan
    DOHC F20B Turbo 7 psi

Build Thread:

Hidden Content

Channel:
    Hidden Content

Miami 9thGen Crew #1

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Welcome to 9th gen.

And what dfan said.
    dfanatic86 likes this.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

Welcome to the site, I'm pretty new here myself! Just a word of caution I remember coming across over the last few years of looking into mods (just starting to shop around for them myself): If I'm remembering correctly, I heard that if you want to do a downpipe, make sure you get a better rear motor mount as well, as vibrations can cause some downpipes to crack. I don't have any experience with this myself, so maybe someone else could weigh in, but just thought I'd put that out there in case it is a cause for concern.

Nooblets
    Welcome!! Like most everyone else have said, flashpro should be your first mod before anything bolt on. After you have bought that you can do the basic stuff such as downpipe, cold air or short ram intake etc. I personally have a PLM downpipe and have had it on for 15k miles with zero problems so that is what i personally would recommend. I've also heard that full-race and skunk2 are great downpipes as well. As far as intake goes, again I personally have a PRL cold air intake and have had it on for 15k miles as well with zero problems. I have the full CAI from PRL not the short ram.. either from them would be a very good option. You also need to purchase a rear motor mount for any downpipe you install.. the reason being, the stock one is not stiff enough and gives. Eventually, with the stock rear motor mount, your downpipe will hit part of the subframe and crack. I have a hasport rear motor mount with 70a bushing and it has been great, no problems whatsoever. These are just some of the basic things you can do, but foremost before any bolt-ons get a flashpro and after you install you need to get a tune. Someone earlier said vittuned.com.. that is who i used and he is amazing. Don't hesitate to ask anyone on here questions, these are all a great group of individuals who are always eager to help. I've learned a lot from these guys and continue too. I will leave you with this, if you do mods to a car, do it right the first time and don't cheap out. If you do cheap out you run the risk of having to replace it later or worse case scenario really damaging your car. I hope you enjoy the forum!

Welcome!
    -2012 SI Sedan-
    -2001 S2000-

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.