9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Hybrid Racing Shifter Cable Bushings

27K views 57 replies 25 participants last post by  ysutarko 
#1 · (Edited)
For those of you looking to upgrade your shifter cable bushings, the 07+ Civic Hybrid Racing bushings work and look extra sexy:

Hybrid Racing sent me a little something extra too. If that damn hole wasn't there it would look better:

See less See more
#2 ·
nice...looking to do this in the future.

#8 ·
Yes they'll work with the 9th gen Si. I'm unsure about the base bushings but by looking at their pictures they should. I would order a set but the only ordering option they have for the base bushings is with the cable bushings. I have CorSport base bushings - They help a little and installation for these were also simple.

I was talking with a service rep from Hybrid Racing, he's going to relay my message to the developers about designing some parts for our 9th gens.

#12 ·
Now I've heard You should not get these before you get your short shifter. Which is where I encounter a problem because I have not been able to find any for ours cars. Should I wait for them to release or would it be ok to get these before?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#19 ·
Their imbetween the right side of the motor and the fuse box and down so near the bottom of the car. You should see something that looks similar to that if i have time tomorrow and remember i'll take a picture :p

#20 ·
The under hood bushings pictured ^ are located under the airbox (base bushings are located under the shifter itself and some argue that those are only worth while to change only if you have the center console taken apart...as taking apart the center console is not fun). You have to remove the stock airbox (unless you have a modified intake) to get to the under hood bushings. Even then you have to be very careful about removing the existing bushings as the shifter cables are fragile. There is a retaining bracket that holds the shifter cables in place that once removed makes the install vastly easier and safer. Here is a link to what the bracket looks like: Replacement Shifter Cable Retaining Clips

#23 ·
Here is my take on this upgrade:

1, I installed the "Cor Sport" shifter base bushings first. It was easy but I had to remove the center console.

The result was very profound. When I shifted; it felt more positive and a significant amount of play was eliminated.

2, Next I installed the "Hybrid Racing" cable bushings. The installation was straight forward and easy as well. I honestly didn't expect much after the vast improvement from base bushings, but I was wrong. The shifting was once again vastly improved.

The shifting effort is amazingly smooth and precise. The improvement of both upgrades are profound. I highly recommend this upgrade.

Combined I give it 5 stars.

#27 · (Edited)
I did mine a little different i just unscrewed the trim panel that houses the 12v and aux popped that out,popped the tray and then the console top and that was it. Easy and no damage. one tip is to tape off surrounding panel edges with masking tape to avoid any possible marring. BTW i highly recommend the Hybrid base bushings over the corsports.

#31 ·
hey all. so i got the 2012+ Honda Civic Si CorSport Aluminum Shifter Base Bushings and i didn't think those would help much but man they really did! i also got the hybrid racing cable shifter bushings and those helped even more! but i have a question about the hybrid racing bushings dose any one else that got them have a lot of play with the bushings them selves?

#32 ·
So it wouldn't be harder, just stiffer getting the gear in since it would basically just eliminate wiggle space that we have currently stock? Being precise does sound good but i just don't know if i should do this since i like the feel now but then again this is my first manual car so idk

#33 ·
I got hybrid base bushings on package said for 8th came with 3 bushings us that normal or do they have one for 9th with 4?

Sent from my HTC One X using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#35 ·
I attempted an install of the shifter cable bushings but couldn't get the OEM one out (larger). I was able to install the smaller one and get everything back together so I know how it's assembled. Is it possible to install the larger bushing without removing the retaining clip?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#37 ·
Since you have to disassemble the center console I'd wait till you get the extra bushing to install. I'm sure it'll work just fine with 3 but it would be best with the 4 on there. I'll be trying the install again once I get my intake. Hopefully I have a little bit more luck this time around.

#38 ·
Well I installed the 3, still have one stock left. I spoke to the guy at Hybrid Racing, he is sending me another one for the missing bushing, also hooked me up with the 07+ Shifter Cable bushings, you know the ones that are better than Corsports crappy aluminum one's, so I get them tomorrow so Siked! Just hope I got the right ones, for the 07+ SI right? They are the shifter cable bushings that say Hybrid on them, and they are a lot better, and what not. So they said on here, so I told him, he said np lol... He is looking to be a vendor on here, I suggested him, he said he doesn't have many parts for 9th gen, wants to and wants me to be like his test guy, so it worked out both ways lol

#39 ·
I cannot for the life of me find a good diy on this, help please I may write a diy when I do it... Also probably will write one with the base bushings ...

Sent from my HTC One X using AutoGuide.Com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.