9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Carbon Fiber Wrap: What did you do with it?

91K views 131 replies 51 participants last post by  scottyrocks 
#1 · (Edited)
I just bought a piece/sheet of carbon fiber wrap off of eBay after seeing a thread in which someone did their door pillars, he told me it was a carbon fiber wrap, which I've seen before, and I thought it looked very cool. So I bought some. My cousin wrapped his hood and the roof of his white Civic hatchback, it's not as dark (black) as the real thing (of course), but it looks SICK!!

Curious if you guys have used it and what you wrapped with it? Picture(s) (if available) would be cool.

#4 ·
I did my roof, emblems, front end, and a lot of the interior pieces. I took it off all of the interior but the steering wheel. The emblems and the steering wheel are my favorite. The roof isn't bad.

Steering part Steering wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Car

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Transport

Car Vehicle Automotive exterior Grille Bumper

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#5 ·
This post has been deleted
#8 ·
I use 3m dinoc. I get it off amazon but you can get it anywhere. All different sizes depending on what you want to do. If you want to do all the silver on the interior you'll need at least 2' x 5'. That's what I started with but I screwed up the first few pieces I tried so I went through it fast.

The interior pieces are a challenge. There's a lot if curves and with the vinyl it expands and contracts with the weather. Then it starts to rip in sharp corners and bubble in places you pulled it tight. This is why I removed most of mine from the interior. I at one point tried to wrap every silver piece in the interior. However I'm a perfectionist and every mistake makes me crazy.

My advice, patience and trial and error. Be prepared to go through a lot of material.

#23 ·
Guys do you think I can put this on a 2012 Civic LX chrome grill??

Would I be able to take it off easily if I mess up or dont like it???

And will it leave permanent damage on the paint?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
I don't see why you couldn't...I've yet to actually use this stuff, but I've heard that after removing it, it does NOT leave any sort of residue.

#24 ·
^It also depends on the quality of the material. If the Carbon Fiber Vinyl is from 3M, then yeah, most likely it won't leave any residue, but if it's some generic one, there are some chances of leaving residue but can be removed.

It might be difficult to wrap the grill though, might be easier to take off and then wrap it with a heat gun/hair dryer

#27 ·
Eventually pulled the vinyl off the hood. Didn't resemble CF enough.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

#29 ·
Yeah. I'm not really diggin' the vinyl on the hood....kinda hard to see the actual 'print', it looks more like flat black to me.

But damn, that wrap can really mold into any shape or form....SWEET!! I'll be doing some wrapping this week on my ride. Thinking of wrapping the black (glossy-ish) bezel around the shift knob and the grey accent on the steering wheel...I wanna do my door pillars too. We'll see.

#43 ·
Sorry just saw your post I've been slacking on my reading. Yeah I took the entire front bumper apart to do this. It's so much easier and you can make sure you get around the edges.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.