AutoX/Track Suspension Specs - Page 4
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: AutoX/Track Suspension Specs

Quote Originally Posted by team3d View Post
    feredral rsr-r is a l.a. local favorites because it's cheap and sticky... falken rt615k & the new falken rt615k+ are pretty awesome too

this fg4 is using 235 nitto nt05, with full brace + buddy club racing spec coils, he can do a fwy interchange ramp from max 90~100mph (s2000) to a whopping 130mph without skipping a beat.

if your l.a. local, it's ramp from 605 north to 210 west towards pasadena. and federal are much stickier than the nt05

Glad to hear about the NT05's I always thought those where the rich mans track tires. lol This is a sick track build, I'm almost up to this point. I have nearly every brace, front and rear strut bars, dp and vittuned. Just need the mid W frame brace, high end coils and some wider wheels.. this dude got some Volks tho!? if so dude spent money the right way.. I ain't gonna lie I'm doing a poor mans track build and getting some enkei's lol.

also thanks for the Progress sway bar just installed today along with the rear brace and took the whip up in the hills! its lit af on the real. nice bling too AutoX/Track Suspension Specs-18951126_10213470195130322_6762125061523569231_n.jpg
    team3d likes this.
    K24Z7 - Crew Member #373
    Si HFP - Club Member

14' Honda Civic Si Coupe HFP
    Truhart Sport Shocks
    D2 Racing Springs 2" Drop
    Skunk2-DP
    Vit-Viper Tuned
    Action Clutch - Stage 1
    Hawk Performance

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers805 View Post
    Glad to hear about the NT05's I always thought those where the rich mans track tires. lol This is a sick track build, I'm almost up to this point. I have nearly every brace, front and rear strut bars, dp and vittuned. Just need the mid W frame brace, high end coils and some wider wheels.. this dude got some Volks tho!? if so dude spent money the right way.. I ain't gonna lie I'm doing a poor mans track build and getting some enkei's lol.

also thanks for the Progress sway bar just installed today along with the rear brace and took the whip up in the hills! its lit af on the real. nice bling too Click image for larger version.

Name:	18951126_10213470195130322_6762125061523569231_n.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	451993

believe it or not, black hawk's fg4 have no sway bar upgrade, it's stock 24mm front & 20mm rear, but i did tweak it so it's "tight"... yeah his car handles like a dream and about his te37, none of my customer pay retails on rays or advan wheels...

i am glad you like the set up
    9th gen civic only online store, please visit Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Greenhorn
    So I just came back from day 1 at nationals in STX. I'm about 4 seconds slower than the slowest 86. those things are quick. My driving is still at a beginner level, and I found myself coming in way too hot in a few corners (i brake too late pretty often). While this didn't help my times it did help me get a feel for the level of understeer I am dealing with. And WOW. Theres a lot of it... For tomorrow, since I can't get SPC bolts in time to do the front camber, I'm going to go as close to 32psi as I can (any lower and tpms might goes off) in front, and try out around 40 psi at the rear. I have the rears turned up completely on the konis, fronts were at half as Chris has suggested. I have some time tonight to work on the car as my girlfriend is out of the house visiting friends on the cape, so I can spend some quality time with my other girl... the honda. I have come in 1st in my novice class at a few events, so I think I am doing well for a beginner, but my god these guys fly in those br-zs, 86s, & rx-8s. Weight and power is almost the same as our cars, so these guys are good! Anyone have any tips to possibly help me out of last place . And before we say it... let me do the honors... tighten the big nut behind the wheel. That I am trying to do every event. I'm totally happy continuing to take last place if I learn along the way! I like the steep competition too it drives me to improve, where the novice class just made me feel like I was better than I really was lol.

So, what am I thinking of trying?

Taking out 1* of negative camber in the rear
    Decreasing Front tire pressure and shock dampening
    Increasing rear tire pressure
    Leaving in spare tire for little more weight in the back? Stupid?
    I have 215mm winterforce snow tires I could toss on the back if all else fails... might be interesting to say the least jk.

You guys have been really helpful, I find myself checking the forum more and more often, thanks for the help!
    Last edited by Duchunter; 06-17-2017 at 04:19 PM.
    sdpt94 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    Hello good sir. There is a lot we can talk about with the STX class. It's not that the twins are fast, it is their ability to rotate and get power to ground when exiting a corner. They are no faster than our cars, but on an autocross course with a good setup, they are. They are about 150 lbs lighter with better balance. With lots of STX prep done to my car, it is down to 2760 lbs from 2936 lbs stock. With my next modifications I should be down to 2680. Back to driving. Over driving our push happy cars is one of the worst things you can do and trust me, I am still learning that. To the car, lots of front camber(-3.0), rear camber (-2.5), 24mm rear sway bar, 245/40/17 Bridgestone RE-71R tires or BFG's on at least a 8" wide wheel, and coilovers are a must with a good spring rate for autocross. I have a 450 F/650 R spring rate on my car. Once you get this setup, then its all about driving and the little things. Good luck.

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Duchunter View Post
    So I just came back from day 1 at nationals in STX. I'm about 4 seconds slower than the slowest 86. those things are quick. My driving is still at a beginner level, and I found myself coming in way too hot in a few corners (i brake too late pretty often). While this didn't help my times it did help me get a feel for the level of understeer I am dealing with. And WOW. Theres a lot of it... For tomorrow, since I can't get SPC bolts in time to do the front camber, I'm going to go as close to 32psi as I can (any lower and tpms might goes off) in front, and try out around 40 psi at the rear. I have the rears turned up completely on the konis, fronts were at half as Chris has suggested. I have some time tonight to work on the car as my girlfriend is out of the house visiting friends on the cape, so I can spend some quality time with my other girl... the honda. I have come in 1st in my novice class at a few events, so I think I am doing well for a beginner, but my god these guys fly in those br-zs, 86s, & rx-8s. Weight and power is almost the same as our cars, so these guys are good! Anyone have any tips to possibly help me out of last place . And before we say it... let me do the honors... tighten the big nut behind the wheel. That I am trying to do every event. I'm totally happy continuing to take last place if I learn along the way! I like the steep competition too it drives me to improve, where the novice class just made me feel like I was better than I really was lol.

So, what am I thinking of trying?

Taking out 1* of negative camber in the rear
    Decreasing Front tire pressure and shock dampening
    Increasing rear tire pressure
    Leaving in spare tire for little more weight in the back? Stupid?
    I have 215mm winterforce snow tires I could toss on the back if all else fails... might be interesting to say the least jk.

You guys have been really helpful, I find myself checking the forum more and more often, thanks for the help!
    I suggest you turn up the front all the way to stiff. I run the fortune auto 500's and they are 8k ft and 5k rr. I turn them all the way to stiff for autocross... with -3 camber all around, the 22mm sway bar and sticky tires I get very little understeer.
    Duchunter and sdpt94 like this.
    Sunburst Orange FB6

Autocross wheelset:
    Kosei k4r's wrapped with
    RE71R fronts and G-Force Sport Comp-2's for rear

Progress 22mm rear sway bar
    Moog rear end links
    FlashPro - Reflash
    Skunk2 Rear Camber Kit
    ingalls camber bolts
    Fortune Auto 500 Series Coilovers

"Life is short, live it the way you want."

Big Timer!!!
    Hey I too run in STX. I'm currently under prepped for the class but Coils are on the way. How are your tires holding up with the 32 psi? I find that if I run any lower than that I scrub the sidewalls too much. I can run lower pressures on concert but not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdpt94 View Post
    They are about 150 lbs lighter with better balance. With lots of STX prep done to my car, it is down to 2760 lbs from 2936 lbs stock. With my next modifications I should be down to 2680.
    How have you dropped the weight? Hey cool, I wasn't sure if you could run 245 on 8inch rims in our cars. Awesome. that'll be my third set of tires. I would also imagine with a tune our cars power to weight would be better than the twins.
    Chris (From RedShift) and I have been working on my setup. Going with a 8k/10k spring rate setup with the digressive pistons from BC Racing.
    sdpt94 likes this.

Greenhorn
    I run TSW Interlagos 17"x 8" with a 35mm offset. I really like the Bridgestones but I run thru the fronts in about 60 runs. The rear wheels are tight but with -2.5 negative camber it works just fine. I also have a Battery Tender battery which saves 27 lbs. Front air pressure is always at 35 psi and I have been playing with the rear psi trying to get the best rotation. At the Colorado Tour I was running 22 psi in the rear. May have to go lower still...

Greenhorn
    This is what I am aiming for. I'm looking at front camber kits whether bolts or plates next. My 19mm rear sway bar will have to do for now, as the 24mm bars are pricey!. I ended up about 4 seconds behind the slower fr-s and rx-8s at the end of yesterday, learned a lot. Braking earlier, with a slow-in, fast-out strategy helped tremendously. Trail braking was invaluable for adding in rotation as needed mid corner, and heel and toe shifting is helping me save lots of time after long straights from 3rd to 2nd (devens is a very fast course on an airforce runway). I used the whole rear tire even with my extreme rear camber. I think firmer rear springs, more front camber, and practice is the next step, then from there maybe better tires and rear swaybar next season!

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by sdpt94 View Post
    I run TSW Interlagos 17"x 8" with a 35mm offset. I really like the Bridgestones but I run thru the fronts in about 60 runs. The rear wheels are tight but with -2.5 negative camber it works just fine. I also have a Battery Tender battery which saves 27 lbs. Front air pressure is always at 35 psi and I have been playing with the rear psi trying to get the best rotation. At the Colorado Tour I was running 22 psi in the rear. May have to go lower still...
    22 psi in the rear?? Curious why the low pressure? I ran 35 front 35 rear first day this weekend, understeered terribly. Next day I did 33 front 40 rear and the car was a million times better, far less shoveling understeer. Is there a method I am unaware of with low rear pressure? Experience tells me the opposite is what I should go for!

Greenhorn
    Good question on the rear tire pressure. Go to Redshift Motorsports and read his thoughts on air pressure. In the past, I ran higher psi in the rear tires and had snap oversteer. With the lower psi, the oversteer is controllable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.