TruHart Coilovers - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: TruHart Coilovers

Greenhorn
    Procivic.com will sell these at a fair market price. When i ordered them, they started shipping from south Cali.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Nice review. Thinking about putting these on my 14 Si, anybody else have any thoughts on them?

Greenhorn
    So I got these exact ones installed on my 2014 Honda Civic EX today. Unfortunately I didn't install them myself, the guy that installed them mentioned that the instructions said to grease a certain point on the front with a pack of grease that came with the kit but the grease wasn't in the box. He also mentioned that it was difficult to grease the spot. But anyways my question is that when I turn the steering wheel the front coilovers make a popping noise. I'm hoping this is due to them needing to be broken in still. Have you had any issues like this or happen to know what could be causing this?

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Big Timer!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agates0523 View Post
    So I got these exact ones installed on my 2014 Honda Civic EX today. Unfortunately I didn't install them myself, the guy that installed them mentioned that the instructions said to grease a certain point on the front with a pack of grease that came with the kit but the grease wasn't in the box. He also mentioned that it was difficult to grease the spot. But anyways my question is that when I turn the steering wheel the front coilovers make a popping noise. I'm hoping this is due to them needing to be broken in still. Have you had any issues like this or happen to know what could be causing this?
    This is common with aluminum pillow ball mounts. You might check to make sure they are facing the correct direction and not binding.

Mine did the same thing when I first put them on. They need to be greased and it should stop. Mine haven't made any noises since I greased them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greenhorn
    What type of grease did you use? My kit didn't come with the packet of grease that it was supposed to come with

What type of grease did you use? My kit didn't come with the packet of grease that it was supposed to come with
    Mine didn't include any either. I used wheel bearing grease on the pillow ball joint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for this review man!!! Just like everyone else on here I've been researching and researching coilovers and springs. I was going to just go for the eibach pro kit but started looking at these truhart coilovers and this review really helped. Getting mine very soon. Already bought my tanabe axelback, and vitviper flashpro/tune combo!!

One Bad Mama Jama!!! dfanatic86's Avatar
    Just pulled the trigger on my TruHart Street Plus coilovers. Plan on doing a full review and partial install video. I will confirm the OP's review. Op thank you for your review!
    aaaslayer likes this.
    2012TW FB6
    HPS Intake/K&N drop in
    Hondata Flashpro
    VitTuned-ish

Civic Ex Sedan
    DOHC F20B Turbo 7 psi

Build Thread:

Hidden Content

Channel:
    Hidden Content

Miami 9thGen Crew #1

Quote Originally Posted by dfanatic86 View Post
    Just pulled the trigger on my TruHart Street Plus coilovers. Plan on doing a full review and partial install video. I will confirm the OP's review. Op thank you for your review!
    When yo do this let me know. I am highly considering these for my build and have never done suspension install before so I would love to see how its done

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.