9th Gen Civic Forum banner

HFP suspension, how is the rear camber?

6K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  kev604 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I am looking at buying HFP strut/springs for my Civic Si sedan 2013 and I was wondering what the rear looks like without a camber kit. Anyone in here installed HFP suspension on their civic without a rear camber kit and if so how is the camber? Picture would be most welcomed.

Note: I went through the HFP sticky and only found few comments on this.

Thanks!

#3 ·
Here is a pic of mine without a camber kit. A camber kit isn't required but certainly wouldn't hurt. I'm running slight negative camber in the rear also worth noting though when you look at the pic is I haven't gotten an alignment in over a year. Going to get an alignment done for sure this summer.
Vehicle door Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire Tire

#4 ·
Without a camber kit my rear was -2.5degrees. I'm installing a rear kit. The front was fine and was close enough to OEM spec that I didn't feel the need for the front kit even though I have one I can install.

Installation note for rear control arm camber kit: Use Blue thread locker on the bolts that go in the chassis and use a 6pt 14mm socket. The bolts like to round off with a 12 pt socket.

Food for thought:
SPC/Dorman/Eibach all use the same manufacturer

#5 ·
getting "free camber" from lowering a multi-link or double wishbone suspension is really nice. It improves the contact patch and increases lateral grip. It also reduces tire sidewall roll-over significantly with just that little bit of lean. I would just run -2.5* all around if possible. My personal seat of the pants experience and data from another online source confirms that the lateral grip increased something like 5% due to having more camber alone. That's the difference between .9g and .95g, very significant. I also find increasing front camber will make a big change in steering response.

I haven't experienced accelerated tire wear as long as the toe is small.

#6 ·
Here's a graph before and after my alignment after I recently installed my hfp suspension

I chose to reign it in a little in the rear and put some camber bolts up front for some negative rwar camber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.