Michelin pilot sport a/s 3 - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michelin pilot sport a/s 3

Nooblets
    UPDATE: We had about 8 inches of snow on the ground this past weekend and I was pleasantly surprised how well the A/S 3 performed.

My 1/8th mile driveway had tracks from neighbor's cars, which I used to get out to the road. Coming back I was more confident and made my own fresh tracks in 6-8" no problem- up and down hill.

I was able to accelerate, brake and steer much better than I would expect from these tires. On the road with mixed snow, ice and slush they were very stable and predictable.

They are not as good as a snow tire, but running a V-rated 215/45-17 all season tire year-round, that actually works in snow, makes me a happy camper.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Si Ya View Post
    UPDATE: We had about 8 inches of snow on the ground this past weekend and I was pleasantly surprised how well the A/S 3 performed.

My 1/8th mile driveway had tracks from neighbor's cars, which I used to get out to the road. Coming back I was more confident and made my own fresh tracks in 6-8" no problem- up and down hill.

I was able to accelerate, brake and steer much better than I would expect from these tires. On the road with mixed snow, ice and slush they were very stable and predictable.

They are not as good as a snow tire, but running a V-rated 215/45-17 all season tire year-round, that actually works in snow, makes me a happy camper.
    Since the tires are new they will perform okay in snow for the first year maybe next year if your lucky but as you put more miles on the tires the performance in snow will drop off dramatically, of course I could be wrong and these tires are the exception and not the norm but this is my experience with all seasons.
    2013 Civic Si sedan PMM

K24Z7 Crew Member #717
    9th Civic POP Crew #717

Kev's Build Thread
    http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/bui...ld-thread.html

I tried these in a few inches of snow for the first time last night as well.

I was very disappointed with the performance. The pilot sport a/s plus were much better in the snow. (they got me through 2 of the worst winter storms I can remember in new england).

To make sure, I drove my 07 SI with stock pilot mxm4 (with about 10k mi) back to back in the same area as the 13 SI with the PS3 A/S (with about 2k mi).

Even the mxm4's were better. ABS and traction control activation were much less frequent, and the car felt more stable.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.