9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1M views 3K replies 633 participants last post by  RayBans2111 
#1 ·
18x8.5 +45 offset, 225/40/18 tires H&R 1.5" drop

would this set up work on my si coupe?

#3 ·
It would fit. +45 off sets aren't aggressive.

#7 ·
When you say rolling mass, do you mean tread/pavement contact surface area? Because there are light weight 8.5" wheels out there. But agreed, the wider the wheel, the more it contacts the road which equals more friction. (Great for performance, not so great for gas mileage)

#11 ·
Rim offset, akawheel offset, is the distance from the hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel.

Wheel offset measurement is defined in three different ways. Zero offset occurs when the hub mounting surface is completely even with the centerline of the wheel. Positive offset means that the hub mounting surface is toward the face of the wheel, while negative offset means the surface is toward the inside or brake side of the wheel.

#22 ·
55 is WAY too high, OEM is 45 so you at anything want at least a 45mm. Your 55mm will sit 1cm more inward. I mean sure they will work but also the largest spacer you can run on oem set up is 5mm and if you want more you need extended studs.

Id sell them and look for +45 at least. If you look down a thread youll see my 18x9 +40, thats including my 5mm spacer as oem offset on the rg-d is 45+. I wish mine were +35 ;)

#24 ·
yes it will
theres a member on here and he's dropped on 8th gen skunk2's with 2 coils cut in rear and his wheels are 18x9.5 +38

#25 ·
Sorry to revive this but i have some wheels that came off my old bmw the fronts are 19x8 35 and the rears are 19x9 40 offset no way in hell i would get these to work with adapters right? And yes i know 19's are a bit overkill but if i can spend 100 bucks on adapters compared to 1200 on rims id be a happy camper

#27 ·
i have 18x8 215-35-18s. 40mm+

i tried to put on 18x8.5 but the rims wouldnt fit unless i got spacers thus shreading through tires because camber will never be perfect. i also tried 225-40 with this set up but with a small lower, they will rub. so no go on both these options.

rides perfect but i wish i had 215-40s, go with 18x8 trust me