2013 Si: iPhone 6|6S (iOS 9): Any issues with USB / Bluetooth?
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

Poll: Have you had similar issues?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013 Si: iPhone 6|6S (iOS 9): Any issues with USB / Bluetooth?

Question 2013 Si: iPhone 6|6S (iOS 9): Any issues with USB / Bluetooth?

Hi again,

Just wondering if anyone is having any issues with music while connected via Bluetooth or USB with this phone. My iPhone 5 and iPhone 6S both have the same issues. It's less prevalent with the iPhone 6S and much worse on the iPhone 5. I'd like to make clear these issues are entirely random and sometimes occur between start-ups.

Issues:

1. The phone will have an "unsupported" warning after a few minutes of "loading."
    2. The phone will skip songs or repeat songs randomly while playing.
    3. The phone will work while on Bluetooth but not while connected via USB.

Pretty much everything "music" related with the iPhone 5 and iPhone 6S is completely screwed. Restarting the devices helps (sometimes). I've tried multiple Apple certified cables. Sometimes it helps, sometimes not. These issues did not begin until last year.

Hope to get some feedback.

Thanks,
    J.Dre
    Last edited by J.Dre; 11-01-2015 at 05:14 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    I'm not surprised.

Before I gave up everything Apple, itunes and the ipods I was forever trying to sync gave me nothing but problems. When I went to research the issues, there were discussions about them all over the interwebs, with little in the way of fixes.

Apple can chew on my meat stick.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

Platinum Member
    I'm with Scotty on the meat stick thing.
    Current:
    2014 Honda Civic Si sedan
    2014 Toyota Prius Five lift-back
    Prior "enthusiast" cars:
    2013 Civic Si sedan, 2001 Ford Mustang GT, 1995 Chevy Camaro Z28, 2000 Chevy Camaro Z28
    1988 VW GTI 16v, 1979 Olds Cutlass coupe, 1985 Chevy Chevette (hehe!)

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

One Bad Mama Jama!!! DeeptoneSi's Avatar
    iPhone 6plus iOS 9.1 work great with Honda update your Honda apps too just need CarPlay to close the deal.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Nope, I never had any of your problems once with 9.1. I do however have to switch from Bluetooth to Pandora sometimes. Car's letting me know it can't connect to Pandora but will connect through it via Bluetooth. Weird but I'm sure will go away on future updates.
    2015 Civic Si MSM FB6
    -DW Fuel Return
    -Radium Fuel Rail
    -Hondata FlashPro
    -Vibrant Oil Catch Can
    -Orsen Shield Skid Plate
    -RBC W/ Ported Runners
    ​-Boomba Torque Dampeners
    -ACUITY Shift Linkage Bushings
    -FullRace Exhaust W/ TS Mounts
    -Makspeed Turbo Kit, COMP BB 6062
    Suspension
    -BuddyClub Camber Arms
    -Ultimate Racing 4pt Strut Brace
    -Ultimate Racing 3pt Trunk Brace
    -BuddyClub Sport Spec Coils W/ Poly Bushings & Swift Springs

I'm starting to think it may be my car that's the problem. That's not good.

Not sure what the hell Honda will do about it. Probably nothing. It's still under the 3 year warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Dre View Post
    Hi again,

Just wondering if anyone is having any issues with music while connected via Bluetooth or USB with this phone. My iPhone 5 and iPhone 6S both have the same issues. It's less prevalent with the iPhone 6S and much worse on the iPhone 5. I'd like to make clear these issues are entirely random and sometimes occur between start-ups.

Issues:

1. The phone will have an "unsupported" warning after a few minutes of "loading."
    2. The phone will skip songs or repeat songs randomly while playing.
    3. The phone will work while on Bluetooth but not while connected via USB.

Pretty much everything "music" related with the iPhone 5 and iPhone 6S is completely screwed. Restarting the devices helps (sometimes). I've tried multiple Apple certified cables. Sometimes it helps, sometimes not. These issues did not begin until last year.

Hope to get some feedback.

Thanks,
    J.Dre
    I've had all the problems you describe from time to time, but mostly (I guess 95% of the time), the iPhone connects and plays music or runs the Navigation app without a problem. The USB music I have on a chip is bulletproof, though, and I only use the iPhone for music when I have to, (purchases: m4p files that are protected.) I don't think the USB plug-in even recognizes m4p, Only mp3 and m4a.
    2019 Civic Type R - Competition White

Quote Originally Posted by WrongWayWade View Post
    I've had all the problems you describe from time to time, but mostly (I guess 95% of the time), the iPhone connects and plays music or runs the Navigation app without a problem. The USB music I have on a chip is bulletproof, though, and I only use the iPhone for music when I have to, (purchases: m4p files that are protected.) I don't think the USB plug-in even recognizes m4p, Only mp3 and m4a.
    It can't be related to them not being the proper format. I've been using the same technique for acquiring music for years, even with both Si's, and only recently (since iOS 8) did the issues begin happening. I'll be skipping through songs and it will just go back to #5 all of a sudden, then it will be stuck in a loop from #5 - #11. I have to unplug the device, restart the car, and sometimes restart the phone (or close the music app) for it to begin working again.

My theory is that there is some serious compatibility issue with the latest iOS that they have yet to find, which presented in iOS 8.

I have a 13 si that I need to reconnect to my iPhone XR, it is on the list on my car as an option but it will tell me unsuccessful connection every time now. I need to know how to delete it from the list on the car and start all over, possibly? I have the non nav version and the phone has been connected before, I’m stumped and annoyed...

Quote Originally Posted by Swift9k View Post
    I have a 13 si that I need to reconnect to my iPhone XR, it is on the list on my car as an option but it will tell me unsuccessful connection every time now. I need to know how to delete it from the list on the car and start all over, possibly? I have the non nav version and the phone has been connected before, I’m stumped and annoyed...
    See Pg. 177 in the Civic Owner's manual.
    If I can do it so can you!
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)