(mostly)Working full phone mirroring through MirrorLink
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: (mostly)Working full phone mirroring through MirrorLink

Greenhorn

Mostly working full phone mirroring through MirrorLink

My setup

Car:
    2015 Civic Si (no Navi)

Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy Note5 (verizon)
    Marshmallow 6.0.1
    MirrorLink 1.1
    Nova Launcher (not sure Launcher matters, but the home screen can rotate with Nova)

First download LG MirrorDrive from the PlayStore

Link:
    Code:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lge.mirrordrive
    or just search LG MirrorDrive in the PlayStore

1. Connect the phone to the car through MirrorLink (plug it in to the USB port)

2. Go to apps on the head unit (click the arrows pointing right on the main screen) and select LG MirrorDrive

3. It will either tell you "Unable to start the app" or it will take you to your phone screen with a toast message stating "LG MirrorDrive only works with LG phones that support MirrorLink."
    Like this:
    (mostly)Working full phone mirroring through MirrorLink-img_20161020_204529122_burst001.jpg(mostly)Working full phone mirroring through MirrorLink-img_20161020_204318430.jpg

If you get "Unable to start the app", wait for the message to disappear and keep trying, sometimes it takes a few tries, sometimes you get it on the first try.

Here's where the "mostly" working comes in, once you have your phone screen mirrored, any time you open an app it's going to kick you out to the main infotainment screen, when this happens, just open LG MirrorDrive again, and you're back to your mirrored phone screen and the app you had opened will be fully functional.

Now, this was with my Note5, and I have not tested it with any other phone, Android version, launcher, or car. I assume it works with any phone running MirrorLink 1.1 and similar Honda infotainment system. If you have an LG this trick most likely won't work as the app will most likely work as intended.

Some pics

Apps Screen:
    (mostly)Working full phone mirroring through MirrorLink-img_20161020_143841081_hdr_1477008011771.jpg

Main screen with message:
    (mostly)Working full phone mirroring through MirrorLink-img_20161020_143847778_hdr_1477008050753.jpg

Spotify:
    (mostly)Working full phone mirroring through MirrorLink-img_20161020_204600930.jpg

Google Maps:
    (mostly)Working full phone mirroring through MirrorLink-img_20161020_204955394.jpg
    Last edited by liinko; 10-23-2016 at 12:22 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Hey,

Thank you for the great information you've shared. I have an S7 and it works.

Since Android auto now works with any phone. I just launch lg mirrordrive and open android auto.

One minor drawback is every single time I switch an APP it kicks me out so I have to reopen the app.

I had several time where mirrorlink worked flawlessly. It happened twice where the mirrordrive does not kick me out at all while switching apps from the screen.
    For Example. Open android auto and going back and forth to different options like navigation to music or phone calling to navigation.

I am not able to figure it out how to do this. It will be awesome if it works. There must be a way to do it since it worked several times already.. I just cant figure it out. If you know an answer please share!
    Current:
    2014 Honda Civic Si Sedan Crystal Black..

Old:
    2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan Crystal Black (totaled)
    2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo M/T Ironman Silver
    2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT A/T Black
    1998 Nissan Altima SE A/T Black
    1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass A/T black

still nothing with iphone huh? I spent $100+ on a stupid HDMI cable for nothing.......
    ​​Hidden Content
    IG: @MishkaCreates | @DankJDM
    - DankJDM.com -
    Naturally Aspirated, Lightweight, Hella Grip.
    Dyno Tuned by
    RC Autoworks
    Wheels & Suspension by FKX Racing

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)