R18 High Mileage Club
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: R18 High Mileage Club

R18 High Mileage Club

So as the title says I'm wanting to start an R18 High Mileage club. Unless the Mods decide to merge this with the SI High Mileage Club. Basically I'm in the military and I just transferred to TX where I will have a 180 miles commute round trip 4-5 days a week. This is going to be a way to track monthly mileage and reliability of the non-SI platform. I have a 2014 LX sedan with the CVT. Currently I have 20,656 miles on it and will start racking up the miles on Monday June 12th. I will update my mileage at the end of every month. If I can figure out how to post a pic I will, but photo bucket has been messed up for the last several months and won't let me share my pics.

2014 Sedan LX CVT, 20,656 miles.
    jkeis862 and Honda-Fan like this.
    R18 Crew Member #53
    2018 Pilot EX AWD SSM (wife's)
    2013 CRV EX PMM (mine)
    2014 FB2 LX ASM (sold)
    2001 Acura Integra GSR (sold)
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Well, if the exclusionary Si guys have their own High Mileage Club, why not one for the R18?! Have at it!
    jkeis862 and Coastie05 like this.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

'14 EX with almost 70K. i don't have it today as i have to take daughter's corolla in to body shop for estimate from wreck she had sunday.

only 'issue' i've had is this new rear brake issue that started recently.
    jkeis862 likes this.
    hiding from those who might be looking for me

POP Crew #61

2014 Black EX
    20% Global Tint
    Curt 1 1/4" receiver
    Weathertech In-channel visors

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fear24 View Post
    '14 EX with almost 70K. i don't have it today as i have to take daughter's corolla in to body shop for estimate from wreck she had sunday.

only 'issue' i've had is this new rear brake issue that started recently.
    Well I'm glad it's been holding up relatively well. I just read on the Accord forum that a guy just traded his 2013 Accord LX CVT with 206,000 miles and never had an issue. There are also a bunch of high mileage Accords with CVT's that haven't had any issues. So, I think we're going to be alright with the CVT which was my biggest worry.
    scottyrocks and jkeis862 like this.
    R18 Crew Member #53
    2013 CRV EX PMM (mine)
    2014 FB2 LX ASM (sold)
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

2013 Civic EX w Auto not the CVT just reached 55k miles. I do 60 miles round-trip 5 days a week. I've actually been thinking about getting a beater now that the Civic is paid off to try and keep the miles down if possible.
    Instagram: @ jkeis862

'9th Gen Civic LI Crew #21'
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jkeis862 View Post
    2013 Civic EX w Auto not the CVT just reached 55k miles. I do 60 miles round-trip 5 days a week. I've actually been thinking about getting a beater now that the Civic is paid off to try and keep the miles down if possible.
    Not too bad at all. I've seen a 2012 with the AT that had over 200K miles on this forum.
    jkeis862 likes this.

400K is the new 100K. It's mostly how you take care of the car but definitely not everything. I have a mechanic friend that works only on Jap cars that said he's busier than ever before due to replacing CVT belts early on every make. He hired a mechanic to do nothing but that. That speaks for itself. A Honda is a cheap car to buy. My dealer said he sees 600K mile and up Civic's every week. Why worry about miles? Just save a little money every month and pay cash for the next car (oh, that means I can't mod it thus ruining the longevity and resale). Except for the transmission (conventional), just follow book maintenance and at a million miles or so just tow it away and get another one. I predict the DI and turbo cars will fail sooner than the NA cars. It's been going on with Ford from the get go. But that's Ford.....a throw away car. Do the math and see how long it will take you to get to a million miles. With today's oils changed on time, it can and does happen.
    Question authority.

Only the knife knows what goes on in the heart of the pumpkin......unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Roadcourse View Post
    400K is the new 100K. It's mostly how you take care of the car but definitely not everything. I have a mechanic friend that works only on Jap cars that said he's busier than ever before due to replacing CVT belts early on every make. He hired a mechanic to do nothing but that. That speaks for itself. A Honda is a cheap car to buy. My dealer said he sees 600K mile and up Civic's every week. Why worry about miles? Just save a little money every month and pay cash for the next car (oh, that means I can't mod it thus ruining the longevity and resale). Except for the transmission (conventional), just follow book maintenance and at a million miles or so just tow it away and get another one. I predict the DI and turbo cars will fail sooner than the NA cars. It's been going on with Ford from the get go. But that's Ford.....a throw away car. Do the math and see how long it will take you to get to a million miles. With today's oils changed on time, it can and does happen.
    I'm definitely not going to keep it that long. I'm just planning to keep it until about 200K and then sell it and buy a Pilot. With the amount of Accord's with CVT and 150K+ miles, I think it will be easy to obtain in the Civic.
    R18 Crew Member #53
    2013 CRV EX PMM (mine)
    2014 FB2 LX ASM (sold)
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

So I started working at my new unit June 12th with 20,656 miles on my car. My end of the month report 22,216 miles. I also started car pooling with someone and this entire week my car has been parked.
    R18 Crew Member #53
    2013 CRV EX PMM (mine)
    2014 FB2 LX ASM (sold)
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

End of month mileage was 25,243. Racking them up quickly. It will be parked for 2 weeks this month though since I'll be out of town.
    R18 Crew Member #53
    2013 CRV EX PMM (mine)
    2014 FB2 LX ASM (sold)
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)