Grinding after full race install
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

Thread: Grinding after full race install

Greenhorn

Grinding after full race install

Ok so over the weekend I installed both the full race downpipe and exhaust. There’s a bit of rattling but I have parts coming in to fix that. The main issue I’m having is that every once in a while during acceleration, I can feel and hear a slight hissing and grinding coming from under my shifter area. I don’t see any clearance issues. Does anyone know why this might be happening?? Do I need to tighten down the bolts more??
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    Oh and I have a 15 si

Do you have an aftermarket rear engine mount? If not the downpipe could be hitting the subframe when the engine rocks
    Otherwise it could just be normal downpipe noise, is yours catted or not?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Baned
    Or something could be rubbing on the strut tower bar if you have one of those. The noise is coming from under your car, like under where the gear shifter is?

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by dpetro1 View Post
    Do you have an aftermarket rear engine mount? If not the downpipe could be hitting the subframe when the engine rocks
    Otherwise it could just be normal downpipe noise, is yours catted or not?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes I have the hasport 62A or 70a I can’t remember which one but it is upgraded. And maybe. It like a faint clinging sound and sometimes sounds like it’s grinding. My downpipe is catted and exhaust and downpipe are both by full race.

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by DWils View Post
    Or something could be rubbing on the strut tower bar if you have one of those. The noise is coming from under your car, like under where the gear shifter is?
    I checked all clearances but the height does change a bit when I lift it vs when the struts settle so I can’t exactly tell. And I think I’m hearing it right under where my gear shifter is but it could just be vibrations that traveled to that point I honestly have no idea.

Greenhorn
    Ok so I’m noticing that the rear most exhaust mount keeps sliding out of the hook. Could that just be what’s going on? I got a polyurethane 90 degree mount on the exhaust but is that usually enough?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now