Looking into 9th gen Civic si - Page 2
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Looking into 9th gen Civic si

Greenhorn
    Like what others have said, $18.5 is steep for a '15 Si with that many miles, even if one owner and well kept. What I'd also say in response to what some here have said is that the '14 and '15 Si have retuned exhaust systems, adding a bump in HP and torque. Not much, like ~4hp and torque, but still something to note if you're on the market for a 9th gen Si and want the most bang for your buck. To me, this is something to take note of.

A common issue these cars seem to have is a type of grinding/screeching noise when engaging the clutch in first gear sometimes. What I'd recommend if you're serious is taking the car for a long test drive, and engaging first gear from a stop while on an uphill and doing this multiple times to be sure. While I've heard that the noise is not indicative of a serious issue, it's still really annoying, has turned heads, and is generally not a noise that a low mileage car should be making.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    I got a 2012 Si Coupe for $14,500 in 7/17 with 38K miles and in excellent condition. That was taxes, dealer doc fee, and everything else. Based on what I've read, the early 2012s had an oil usage issue that was eventually corrected. So if you go with that year, look up the dealer service bulletin that lists the range of serial numbers for cars that had the problem. The 2012 also does not have the soft touch dash or as much sound deadening material as the 2013 and later models. This does save a little weight from what I read, but it is a bit noisier ride when the windows are rolled up.

The car is a blast to drive and I have not had any major problems at 65K miles. It will probably need a clutch in another year and some new tires soon, but that is to be expected. I'd like to get a tune on the car, but the money has to be spent elsewhere right now. The 9th gen also has the exhaust manifold cast into the head, so keep that in mind if you're thinking about modding it. Forced induction will extract a good deal more power, but the kits are not cheap and then you may want to install beefier rods as well. Even if you do the labor yourself, you will probably spend several thousand on parts alone.

Good luck with it!
    Last edited by Freerider; 05-14-2019 at 10:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)