Looking into 9th gen Civic si
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Looking into 9th gen Civic si

Greenhorn

Looking into 9th gen Civic si

Hello everyone,

Hi everyone! I'm currently in the market for a used car perferable a 9th gen si. I have been practicing driving a manual the past month or so with a friend's 8th gen si and absolutely love it. I wanted to get some insight on how people like their 9th gen si and things to look out for when test driving one. Currently looking at one in my area which is a Dyno blue 2015 si sedan with 61k miles for 18.5k which is a little high in my opinion but only had one owner and we'll kept. I ultimately want to be able to drive the car to 150k+ with minimal issues which I understand depends on how I maintain and drive it.

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I may be slightly prejudiced, but I think the 2013 was the best year for the Si. There was some interior quality improvements for the 2013 year, but for the 14 & 15 Honda went with that red trimmed interior, regardless of what exterior color. The 14 & 15 have the "Lane Watch" camera on the passenger side mirror, which you either love or hate. That price is quite high, as I paid $17,200 for my 2013 with 28K miles, ten months ago. Perhaps the asking price is negotiable.
    2013 Civic Si /// 2019 Pilot EX-L

Greenhorn
    I like the 2013 Si Model seats but love the 2015 Dash. I recently picked up my 2015 Si Sedan with 58K at $15,500, 1 Owner no wrecks. It'll depend on your area pricing will vary.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by david77 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Hi everyone! I'm currently in the market for a used car perferable a 9th gen si. I have been practicing driving a manual the past month or so with a friend's 8th gen si and absolutely love it. I wanted to get some insight on how people like their 9th gen si and things to look out for when test driving one. Currently looking at one in my area which is a Dyno blue 2015 si sedan with 61k miles

for 18.5k which is a little high in my opinion

but only had one owner and we'll kept. I ultimately want to be able to drive the car to 150k+ with minimal issues which I understand depends on how I maintain and drive it.

Thank you!

Right there you go!
    Offer the seller what you think is reasonable.
    If they won't take your offer, walk away.
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator6 View Post
    which you either love or hate.
    Or ignore.
    modrid81 likes this.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

Is the car privately being sold or is this at a dealership and the car has a warranty?
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

That price is about 5k over what it should be for mileage and year IMO. I bought my 2013 sedan in 2017 at 45k for 15.5. The only recurring issue that seems to pop up is a loud throw out bearing or some sort of noise when moving in first. Doesn't affect performance, is slightly annoying.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

NADA shows it at 17.8k if its a cpo car and kbb 17.2k as a fair price for a cpo. Thats why im wondering if its a dealership car cause they will always over price to make you think youre getting a good deal when they lower the price whwn teying ro make a deal. Now if its privately being sold then yeah that price is too high

205 whp
    174 wtq

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by 12FG4Rallye View Post
    NADA shows it at 17.8k if its a cpo car and kbb 17.2k as a fair price for a cpo. Thats why im wondering if its a dealership car cause they will always over price to make you think youre getting a good deal when they lower the price whwn teying ro make a deal. Now if its privately being sold then yeah that price is too high
    Being it's an Si model they usually hike the price a bit (Dealership) especially if they're becoming harder to find in good shape. I know cause I was looking for an Si Sedan late 2017 & they were pretty high still & since I could only find 2 in my city (San Antonio) I had to either drive to Houston or Dallas area for cheaper options ($1500 -$2K cheaper) plus more choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    Being it's an Si model they usually hike the price a bit (Dealership) especially if they're becoming harder to find in good shape. I know cause I was looking for an Si Sedan late 2017 & they were pretty high still & since I could only find 2 in my city (San Antonio) I had to either drive to Houston or Dallas area for cheaper options ($1500 -$2K cheaper) plus more choices.
    Yeah the prices ive seen on used 10th gens has been a little ridiculous. Almost the same price as brand new and atthat point new would be a better choice cause if you have good credit you can get a better rate compared to used.

205 whp
    174 wtq

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)