Injectors for NA
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Teeps

Thread: Injectors for NA

Greenhorn

Injectors for NA

Hey guys little bit of a newbie question, but I wasn’t able to find anything when searching but will getting better injectors if I’m staying NA for now hurt the car in anyway? I’m planning on doing intake, cat back and dp, possibly doing turbo in a couple of years. I’ve heard you need better injectors for the turbo, but will doing them ahead of time have any negative affects? When I end up doing all of this I will get a tune but don’t want to jump the gun and end up messing anything up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

It won't hurt anything as long as it's tuned properly.
    It's really not necessary either though. You can easily run bolt ons with stock injectors.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

+2 ^
    Wouldn't worry about spending the money on something like that now. When you go to turbo the car the companies that make kits for our cars provide an option to upgrade the injectors and fuel pump to your desired specs.
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

If your car is not an Si; don't bother doing any of the aforementioned mods... ever.
    If your car IS a Si. Do not do any of the aforementioned mods until you install the turbo kit.

Either car, if it is your daily driver, do not modify it... don't ask me how I know.
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...

Greenhorn
    Thanks for all the help guys. It is an Si and I won’t be going turbo for awhile so I’ll hold off on the injectors. I was going to slowly be getting all of the parts needed for when I go to turbo since that is a big enough hit to the bank account alone without the supporting mods but I’ll definitely wait based on the feedback!

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadcourse1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by patsk8r93 View Post
    Thanks for all the help guys. It is an Si and I won’t be going turbo for awhile so I’ll hold off on the injectors. I was going to slowly be getting all of the parts needed for when I go to turbo since that is a big enough hit to the bank account alone without the supporting mods but I’ll definitely wait based on the feedback!
    Reread Teeps last sentence. You won't get more qualified advice here on that subject.
    Oh I know. I’m not doing anything crazy with it until it’s not my daily. I’ll turbo once I have something else that I can rely on. I have always been told (by people with much more knowledge on the subject than me) that you don’t mess with the car that gets you to the place that allows you to pay for the parts. So no need for a reread here, but I appreciate the emphasis on an important point!

Quote Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
    If your car is not an Si; don't bother doing any of the aforementioned mods... ever.
    If your car IS a Si. Do not do any of the aforementioned mods until you install the turbo kit.

Either car, if it is your daily driver, do not modify it... don't ask me how I know.
    I mean maybe a little bit. Intake here, short shifter there, and damnit now my car is noisy. doesn't pass inspection and scrapes on everything lol.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

Quote Originally Posted by patsk8r93 View Post
    Oh I know. I’m not doing anything crazy with it until it’s not my daily. I’ll turbo once I have something else that I can rely on. I have always been told (by people with much more knowledge on the subject than me) that you don’t mess with the car that gets you to the place that allows you to pay for the parts. So no need for a reread here, but I appreciate the emphasis on an important point!
    You should look into Acura RDX440cc injectors. They are already scaled correctly with Hondata base map for an R18. I'm running 850cc injectors only using 40% of them so around 340cc is enough for 12psi, also running an aeromotive stealth fuel pump.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)