Want to know about 2013 Civic LX
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Want to know about 2013 Civic LX

Greenhorn

Want to know about 2013 Civic LX

Hello everyone,,been car searching for a few years off and on. As I have been searching craigslist and dealers in my area for used cars, I have found a few that look good from an overall reliability and quality standpoint. I am currently thinking about going and looking at this 2013 Civic LX Sedan. The listing is here at Bettendorf Autos (located in east Iowa), can't post links currently, let me know if you need more info.

I have looked up the VIN on vehiclehistory.com and found no red flags based on my knowledge. I am wondering if there is anything I should be looking for besides the typical possible ailments of a used car. From researching the internet for problems related to this year and trim level of the Civic, I have found some complaints at carcomplaints.com and I am wondering how widespread some of those issues are (or if they are of any concern at all). In addition, at 85,000 miles, I am wondering what type of maintenance records I should be looking for to see if any has been done with this type of mileage. Lastly, I was wondering if the price was fair based on the limited information in the ad. NADA shows it at $9300 and KBB shows a range of $8700-$10528, It seems to be right in the middle range.

Thanks for any help in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lincon View Post
    From researching the internet for problems related to this year and trim level of the Civic, I have found some complaints at carcomplaints.com and I am wondering how widespread some of those issues are (or if they are of any concern at all).
    What complaints have you found?
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

***Check to make sure air blows cold for a good while. I checked on my Civic Si, and it was great for the first minute (all I ran it for during test drive in the winter)...turned out that's all the longer it will run.***

Side note, after several years it still doesn't work.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)