I have no clue what to do - Page 2
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: I have no clue what to do

Quote Originally Posted by fbo_9thgen View Post
    I have no clue what to do

At this point I’m considering on putting on the stock catalytic and reflashing my ecu back to stock map.
    Yes you do know..... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    And has been mentioned earlier put the stock intake on too.

Be glad you're not in CA. Once a car gets flagged, it gets the deluxe inspection every year!
    Ridingaround likes this.
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    I have the exact mods and it passed emissions what I did was reflashed back to stock and drove around for a little while you can see on hondata what your readiness parameters are in a certain menu you can pass with 2 of them not being ready but no more than that it worked fine for me no need to remove anything that's why you bought the hondata if your state only uses the obd 2 port to test your golden

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    I have the exact mods and it passed emissions what I did was reflashed back to stock and drove around for a little while you can see on hondata what your readiness parameters are in a certain menu you can pass with 2 of them not being ready but no more than that it worked fine for me no need to remove anything that's why you bought the hondata if your state only uses the obd 2 port to test your golden
    You were able to get your readiness codes to set without a cat? Your car didn't throw a CEL?
    What state are you in?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Install a catted DP and re-tune for it while removing other bolt-ons or just go completely back to stock.
    Not the most viable solution, keep all current mods and move to a state that doesn't require emissions testing like Florida or South Carolina
    Last edited by SiJake; 06-22-2019 at 03:10 PM.
    Current:
    2016 Hellcat Challenger 8-speed auto
    2019 Tesla model 3 Dual Motor Performance

Sold:
    2012 Civic Si Sedan (beater) SOLD
    2018 Challenger Scatpack 8 Speed
    2016 Camaro 2SS A8
    2015 MK7 GTI M6 (Beater)
    2014 Mustang GT auto
    2012 Mustang GT M6
    2007 Speed 3

I was able to turn on all the necessary tests for Oregon (misfire detection, O2 tests, etc) by just swapping in a catted downpipe. I did also have to put a clutch and flywheel in because I had a lightweight flywheel and couldn't enable misfire detection with that... Anyhow, I think you should be able to just swap in a catted downpipe. Baby it around if you have to. . .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fbo_9thgen View Post
    I’ve been stumped on how can I pass emissions in Illinois. I have a 2015 Si coupe with the following bolt ons. Skunk2 Downpipe, Skunk2 fatback, Skunk2 CAI, and of course my hondata. I’ve gone to emissions twice and got “rejected” both times. Everything is “Not Ready” and so I fail my emissions. How do I get the car to pass? At this point I’m considering on putting on the stock catalytic and reflashing my ecu back to stock map. What should I do? Any help is highly appreciated
    You should do it because federal laws were created to have and maintain clean air. That simple.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)