I have no clue what to do
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: I have no clue what to do

Greenhorn

I’ve been stumped on how can I pass emissions in Illinois. I have a 2015 Si coupe with the following bolt ons. Skunk2 Downpipe, Skunk2 fatback, Skunk2 CAI, and of course my hondata. I’ve gone to emissions twice and got “rejected” both times. Everything is “Not Ready” and so I fail my emissions. How do I get the car to pass? At this point I’m considering on putting on the stock catalytic and reflashing my ecu back to stock map. What should I do? Any help is highly appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

You’ll have to remove your downpipe and intake, put the stock parts back on, and flash your ECU back to stock. No other way to get around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Teeps likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fbo_9thgen View Post
    I’ve been stumped on how can I pass emissions in Illinois. I have a 2015 Si coupe with the following bolt ons. Skunk2 Downpipe, Skunk2 fatback, Skunk2 CAI, and of course my hondata. I’ve gone to emissions twice and got “rejected” both times. Everything is “Not Ready” and so I fail my emissions. How do I get the car to pass? At this point I’m considering on putting on the stock catalytic and reflashing my ecu back to stock map. What should I do? Any help is highly appreciated
    More info please.

Is your downpipe catted or catless?
    What map are you using? Hondata reflash or a custom tune?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    I have a catless downpipe. I got a custom tune with Mikey from MSpecTuning

You're going to need a cat if you want to pass emissions tests...
    dpetro1 and Ridingaround like this.
    2013 DBP Si Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
    You're going to need a cat if you want to pass emissions tests...
    Agreed, no way to set the readiness monitors or pass emissions with no cat...

Baned
    Is the emissions test in your state done by a sniffer? Like the thing they put on the end of your exhaust pipe? Or is it done via the OBD 2 sensor? If you're catless and they have a sniffer you can mess with the settings in Hondata all day long and you're going to fail before they even hook up the sniffers. If they use the OBD method, you might be able to get away with it. That's how Arizona is and I've been able to "pass" emissions without a catalytic converter for about 4 years now because the ECU thinks that everything is stock. Stupid ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by DWils View Post
    Is the emissions test in your state done by a sniffer? Like the thing they put on the end of your exhaust pipe? Or is it done via the OBD 2 sensor? If you're catless and they have a sniffer you can mess with the settings in Hondata all day long and you're going to fail before they even hook up the sniffers. If they use the OBD method, you might be able to get away with it. That's how Arizona is and I've been able to "pass" emissions without a catalytic converter for about 4 years now because the ECU thinks that everything is stock. Stupid ECU.
    Sounds like they are scanning obd2 and his cat readiness and secondary o2 are not set (disabled in hondata). So even though there is no CEL, the emission equipment is not set and causing the failure.

Greenhorn
    Yeah. They do the obd2 and I haven’t had any luck passing. I’m going to put the stock cat on and reflash back to stock map. Hopefully it passes then

Quote Originally Posted by fbo_9thgen View Post
    Yeah. They do the obd2 and I haven’t had any luck passing. I’m going to put the stock cat on and reflash back to stock map. Hopefully it passes then
    Make sure you get all the way through a drive cycle before you go to get it inspected.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)