2014 Honda Civic Si - Mods & Tuner
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 12FG4Rallye

Thread: 2014 Honda Civic Si - Mods & Tuner

Greenhorn

2014 Honda Civic Si - Mods & Tuner

Hi 9thgen community

Just recently picked up a 9th Gen 2014 Civic Si Sedan as a daily. Slowly going to do a mild build. Looking for 13’s on the 1/4 mile without breaking the bank.
    I’ve done : oil change , trans fluid , air filter , spark plugs , hybrid racing shifter cable bushings.

Looking at a nice set of lowering springs and truhart struts / shocks. Looking for a spring with only a 1.5” drop. Not looking to be slammed or to have bad camber issues. This is a daily driver in snow for one season.

Tuner ? Looking at KTuner v2. Was thinking of Hondata but it’s so much more $. I’m just doing a few bolts ons and a tune. Will ktuner v2 be ok ?

Looking to get 195whp stock tuned. Then looking for 210whp tuned with intake / downpipe / exhaust. And then looking for 220whp with rbc manifold , j37 tb , Rdx injectors etc ...
    looking at : 3.5” KTuned intake , downpipe and exhaust.

Also I’m planning on doing a upgraded clutch and light flywheel ? Any setups better than others ? I have used both exedy and competition clutch before.

Any luck with nst pulley kits ?
    And I found a set of 18” rims that weigh 18.1lbs each as reducing rotational mass should help a lot ! Each 1lb shaved in rotational mass should = 20lbs off the dead weight or so. I believe stock 2014 Civic Si Rims weight about 30lbs ???

Thanks for your help guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Appears you have done some homework on the subject.
    RE: Modifying a daily driver, unless you can walk to work...
    My best advice: DON'T modify your daily driver.
    And don't ask me how I know...
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...

195Whp stock is a stretch i wouldnt even worry about tuning it stock if youre just going to do bolt ons and tune again. Having to spend monwy 3 times tuning is a vit of a waste might as well just wait till you have everything and do it all in 1 go will save you money. Ktuner v2 is fine but might want to do an etune with steve from etunez because often shops that dyno tune will only use hondata. Why, idk but thats how it seems to be. I personally dont trust pulley kits so cant help you there. Make sure you have ktuner or hondata when doing the clutch/flywheel and go with a brand you know and trust everyone is different. What are the specs on wheels 18x?? offset?? If you want a good budget summer tire ive been running kumho ps31 and havent had any complaints. Havent gone to a 1/4 mile track but at my local 1/8 mile track with I/DP/E tune with those tires and lighter wheels i ran a 9.13 woth a 2.15 60ft. Was the 2nd time i had taken the car out and with more practice and if i was lighter im sure i can gwt tje time down a little bit. Have fun with your build.
    RRCoupe likes this.
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

+1 for Steve

He tuned my R18 to 12psi

Oh yeah its my daily

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)