Tpms sensors
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Tpms sensors

Tpms sensors

From what I’ve read, all 9gen si are supposed to have tire pressure sensors... my IMID screen doesn’t have the option to recalibrate after rotating them... do they all have TPMS or was it an option? I have a 14 si sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

All have them
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFB6 View Post
    From what I’ve read, all 9gen si are supposed to have tire pressure sensors... my IMID screen doesn’t have the option to recalibrate after rotating them... do they all have TPMS or was it an option? I have a 14 si sedan
    Looks like you are in Canada? Don't think the Canadian cars have tpms. If you do it's the indirect system working off the abs, no direct sensor on the wheel for 14-15

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Teeps likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    I know on 14-15 you should have 2 options:
    Menu>Maintenance> Tire Rotation
    Menu> Customization> TPMS recalibration

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    If you are in the U.S. and not Canada, the car must be at a complete standstill for the TPMS Calibration option (or whatever is up-menu from it) to even show up.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

I am in Canada, never heard of this but very interesting, thanks for the info

Nooblets
    i do not have sensors, 2015 si sedan, canada.

Greenhorn
    No 14-15 si has sensors as the valve stems. Either reset through the dashboard options or drive for a few minutes above 25mph after pressure is corrected to reset TPMS system. These have indirect TPMS that goes off the wheel speed sensors for the ABS.
    Aviator6 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dpetro1 View Post
    Looks like you are in Canada? Don't think the Canadian cars have tpms. If you do it's the indirect system working off the abs, no direct sensor on the wheel for 14-15
    I cannot speak as to whether Canada market cars have TPMS or not, as I do not have access to their service data.
    But, to back up dpetro1's statement; here is the overview for '14/'15 USA spec Civic.

Tpms sensors-capture.jpg
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...

Greenhorn
    Since were on the subject of TPMS I thought I would share my experience with changing sensor calibration going from one set of wheels to another set of wheels for those of you who may want to change for the new season.
    I drive a 2012 Civic Si. This year I decided to upgrade my winter wheels for next season from steel to aluminum downsized for the ultimate snow traction with Blizzak LM001 sport tires. I also decided to add the TPMS sensors only because I got tired of looking at the ! warning light on the dash and constantly pushing the IMID menu button to clear the screen every time I started the car. Honda Service wanted to charge me $100+ to recalibrate the sensors from one season to the next so that would be $200+ every year to go from 18" summer tires to 16" winter tires, then back again that's crazy. You would think the car's computer memory would remember each set of wheels but no. This calibration has to be entered through the OBD Port. Fortunately my tire guy makes this change for me every season for nothing. I will note when the tire shop changes the wheels over the air must be released from the tires completely they use a tool on the valve stem so you don't have to sit at each tire pushing the valve stem in. After the calibration is uploaded the tires are inflated to spec. Next you will need to start & drive the car, I was told to drive above 50 mph it only takes a few miles the TPMS ! blinks on and off. When the calibration takes, the warning ! disappears. Now your all set for the new season. Tpms sensors-dsc05173.jpg
    Teeps likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)