Best obd2 scanner to get ??
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best obd2 scanner to get ??

Greenhorn

Best obd2 scanner to get ??

Looking around trying to find best obd2 scanner I can find that isnt expensive. Got some codes I want to check out asap . Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    The best OBD2 scanner will always vary by opinion & how deep your pockets are.
    There are a few Bluetooth Scanners or the traditional ones used at local Auto parts stores, those are a bit pricey though.
    I recently purchased this Bluetooth OBD2 scanner when my wife's car threw an Engine code.
    You do have to purchase the App as well ($10) so under $40 out the door, the highlighted one is for IOS (Apple) phones & the one to the left is for androids.
    It gives my live readings, past deleted engine codes, & a few other cool features that I can't think of ATM. lol
    My advice if ordering OBD2 readers online read the REVIEWS!
    Best of Luck!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best obd2 scanner to get ??-obd2-readers.jpg  

A friend has one of these. He said it's great for diy jobs.

https://obd2scanners.org/foxwell/nt510-reviews/
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Baned
    I don't know if it is the best one, but it is the one that I have: OBDLink® LX Bluetooth | OBDLink® | OBD Solutions and I just use the Android app for it. I diagnosed my Fit's check engine light codes and passed emissions with it. I also use it on almost a daily basis as my Fit is turbo'd and I like to keep track of different things all at once like boost, engine temp, intake temp, speed, throttle percentage, etc.

I plunked down about $160 for the Zurich ZR13 and am impressed with what it can do. On my hondas it can access ABS, SRS, and OEM enhanced codes. (which would be about a $250 expansion for other scanners)
    Having access to the enhanced is worth the price alone, and I couldn't find another scanner near this price point that could do it.

Don't wanna lose ya here, yes I bought it at harbor freight. They always have a 20% coupon available. A lot of their stuff I wouldn't have if they gave it to me but this is an incredible exception.

I love the bluetooth scanners using the "Torque" app on Android. May not do some of the enhanced scanning (ABS, SRS, etc), but for 99% of what I've needed, it's been perfect and very cost effective. Plus really awesome to be able to log stuff, graph, setup gauges on your phone for use while driving, etc.

Greenhorn
    ScanTool OBDLink LX Bluetooth on Amazon (sorry no link, not enough points...)

This one is awesome! I think only for android though. Used with Torque app. $50!!

Greenhorn
    Why Couchtater,

What have you done with ABS, SRS, and OEM enhanced codes? Just curious if you have used them

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by joelzeller View Post
    Why Couchtater,

What have you done with ABS, SRS, and OEM enhanced codes? Just curious if you have used them

Thanks!
    On a family members 14' civic the SRS light had been on and the electric power steering acted up. A trouble light came on and the car had no power steering assist. Pulled a code of U0131. Using chilton's flow chart the problem went to "intermittent failure, system is OK at this time"
    Sometimes the car will do it twice in a day, sometimes it will go months before doing it again.

Starting to suspect the clock spring.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)