Your current average miles per gallon - Page 103
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 265 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2647
Like Tree524Likes

Thread: Your current average miles per gallon

Quote Originally Posted by DePrisa View Post
    Driving in the middle of Houston's sea of tail lights (which is almost every day), I am hitting 22 mpg. Really sucks.
    Under easy going traffic, I run 26-27 if I drive soft. Highway trips go up to 29-30 mpg. I have not been able to go more than 300 miles with a full tank.
    Something is not right. You should be getting better mpg than that especially on the highway. Fill up at a different gas station and you could try higher octane and remove the wires off the battery terminal but you will lose your preset radio stations. The radio code should be in paper work the dealer gave you. The reason to remove the wires is reset your random access memory which is the adaptive memory already stored. It will rebuild them and hopefully your mpg will go up.
    Civic POP Crew #3

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Just had two different highway trips at ~60mph that got 43 and 45 mpg. Highest numbers I've seen yet on my iMID! My tank averages are still 30-32, so many hills and traffic lights when I'm not on the highway, I'm afraid. Though my transmission has definitely become more aggressive of late in holding high gears on uphills in Econ mode, which I'm liking.

I have a scan gauge but using a ultra gauge which I can see the fuel trims and 17 other parameters.
    A few days ago I knew the Ultra Gauge existed, but that's about it. Looked more closely into it, and found a lot of happy owners on other forums, too. So I sold my Scan Gauge (within hours of listing), ordered an Ultra Gauge and broke even. If nothing else, the Ultra Gauge has a prettier display. So I guess thanks for the tip, lol. Should get it Monday.
    Last edited by jandree22; 03-02-2013 at 11:08 PM.
    2014 Cruze Eco 6MT
    2013 Civic EX-L Sedan KCM PZEV
    - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Silver2Coupe View Post
    I have a scan gauge but using a ultra gauge which I can see the fuel trims and 17 other parameters. I have 7000 miles on my car and have been experimenting. I usually just use premium in my old cars. We have 93 octane here which is RFG3 I believe because the price is higher.

You can check out my fuelly silver2coupe (Honda Civic) | Fuelly . I drive mostly highway but also hit a lot of lights too which is 0 mpg. I can average my mph per tank to 70 mph the speed I usually drive on the highway to get my city average which lately has been around 38 mph per tank which is about 55 percent highway. It takes in consideration my idling time and every other condition with out me guessing.

I am seeing my fuel trim leaning with more timing at cruise. 32 degrees is MBT and when I go WOT is goes to 26.5 and climbs. The ecu is still adjusting and expect by summer for it to be more consistent. Honda has a adaptive timing but if there is knock it wont allow the fuel and timing to run at the optimum settings. It still runs a safe timing and fuel even after there is no knock. Winter gas does not help either but I am getting the best mpg of all my cars even in winter. On regular I would see at cruse 45 mpg on the ultra gauge but on premium I see 55/60 mpg. Your mpg is a average of all conditions so higher numbers mean a higher mpg average.

How are you getting 35 MPG with 70% City driving? I'm in Ohio which should be similar to Illinois driving conditions but I'm not getting anywhere near that kind of mileage, granted I probably drive 90% City but would an extra 20% really equal 10 MPG difference? I run econ all the time and generally try to keep the dash lights green, also I don't let my car sit and warm up too often.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/scotty1981/civic-2
    Fuel Economy
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty1981 View Post
    How are you getting 35 MPG with 70% City driving? I'm in Ohio which should be similar to Illinois driving conditions but I'm not getting anywhere near that kind of mileage, granted I probably drive 90% City but would an extra 20% really equal 10 MPG difference? I run econ all the time and generally try to keep the dash lights green, also I don't let my car sit and warm up too often.

Honda Civic LX Sedan (Honda Civic) | Fuelly
    I run premium gas. I also drive in Econ mode. Knock will reduce mpg and that is what I've been trying to say over the years. People think that when a engine knocks its only for that knock condition and it will return to normal but it don't work that way. When a engine is new there is no carbon build up so for the first 5000 miles the car is either tuning up(more efficient) or down. Once it gets a certain point mpg falls off and even adding premium you wont see a difference because the ecu wont allow the timing to go up because its already at a no knock condition. My Fit and Gen 8 Civic both got about the same mpg. This car is surprising me and getting in the mid 30s worse winter conditions after a few mpg in the mid 40s over the fall with a average of 39 mpg. The Fit was 36 mpg with 3 winters 2 summers and the Gen 8 was 38 average with 2 winters and summers all on premium driving the same route.

Try a different brand and if you decide to use premium its gonna take a few tanks and you will have to drive the car harder to show the ecu no knock condition and it start to advance the timing or you can reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery which will erase the RAM stored with the corrections to that point. Either way its going to take a few tanks.
    Civic POP Crew #3

Quote Originally Posted by jandree22 View Post
    Just had two different highway trips at ~60mph that got 43 and 45 mpg. Highest numbers I've seen yet on my iMID! My tank averages are still 30-32, so many hills and traffic lights when I'm not on the highway, I'm afraid. Though my transmission has definitely become more aggressive of late in holding high gears on uphills in Econ mode, which I'm liking.

A few days ago I knew the Ultra Gauge existed, but that's about it. Looked more closely into it, and found a lot of happy owners on other forums, too. So I sold my Scan Gauge (within hours of listing), ordered an Ultra Gauge and broke even. If nothing else, the Ultra Gauge has a prettier display. So I guess thanks for the tip, lol. Should get it Monday.
    My imid is reading 38 this tank and is usually 1-2 lower than the actual mpg. My ultra gauge is off 15 percent from the imid reading 44 or so. On the Gen 8 is was off by 7 percent from actual mpg and the mph was off on the Gen 8 by 2 percent. The Gen 9 is right on but the fuel trims are higher but dropping and I feel better about that.
    Civic POP Crew #3

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    I had stated here a coupla times that I was averaging 24.5 or so mpgs since I got my car. Most of my driving is 'stop-and-stop' (worse than 'stop-and-go').

Yesterday I took a trip upstate to see my daughter, eastern Nassau County to Purchase, NY. I knew there would be no traffic and the only slowing down, and then accelerating again, would be for exit ramps and one toll booth. I got on the first parkway, zeroed out the trip A, engaged econ and the cruise control, and left the latter on for a much as possible. Average highway speed was 62-66 mph.

For an all-highway drive with no traffic to slow me down, I averaged 41.2 mpg with a high average at one point of 43.2. My LX is on stock Conti rubber, has AVS window visors, and a K&N drop-in filter.

So I have proved to myself that these cars are capable of great mpgs. It all depends on how you drive, or are forced to drive, them.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

I always average 29-33 in my Si all highway. The fluctuations depend on how much stop n go I hit on my way home. I go through a full tank every 2-3 days so its easy to keep track of.

Quote Originally Posted by batman900 View Post
    I always average 29-33 in my Si all highway. The fluctuations depend on how much stop n go I hit on my way home. I go through a full tank every 2-3 days so its easy to keep track of.
    Same here my SI says 31.8 over the last 8,000 miles. I also fill up every three days. you can get better mileage than that by staying under 70 and coasting down hills. But that's no fun and make your drive times go to shit. I personally drive at 75 - 85 and I do get frustrated with other traffic sometimes, downshift and punch it and the mileage is still in the 30s. I couldn't really ask for more.

31 mpg in a SI great because its 30 percent bigger than the R18. It would equal 40 mpg in the R18. More air=more fuel.
    Civic POP Crew #3

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    If my normal average in an R18 is 24.5, I can only imagine how much worse it'd be in an Si, given the type of driving I do most.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now