Your current average miles per gallon - Page 3
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 265 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree524Likes

Thread: Your current average miles per gallon

the new si uses 91 octane i'm assuming, yes?

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal Si View Post
    the new si uses 91 octane i'm assuming, yes?
    Premium required, so basically 91 or 93 if available

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Not bad I guess, the civic only has a 12 gallon tank right?

Driving the new mustang with a 16 gallon tank using 91 octane and getting 12 mpg... lol - well si will probably be A LOT cheaper!

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Driving the new mustang with a 16 gallon tank using 91 octane and getting 12 mpg... lol - well si will probably be A LOT cheaper!
    Fuel Tank
    The Civic’s fuel tank constructed is located forward of the multi-link rear suspension. Its lightweight polypropylene design offers reduced weight, increased capacity, and reduced possibility of evaporative emissions. The composite design also minimizes weight and allows a generous fuel capacity (its capacity is 13.2 gallons, the same as for the previous generation Civic). The Civic also incorporates a returnless fuel supply system that helps reduce vapor generation.
    Also I heard the new mustang is 30mpg, but I'm sure that's probably only if you drive it tiptoeing the gas pedal

Yeah can't really compare the new Mustang to the new Si. Si will get better MPG over the Mustang lol

Also I heard the new mustang is 30mpg, but I'm sure that's probably only if you drive it tiptoeing the gas pedal
    Not talking about the v6... lol

when i drive 6 speed I get a heavy foot! probably wouldn't be fun for my wallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Bootyluvr View Post
    Yeah can't really compare the new Mustang to the new Si. Si will get better MPG over the Mustang lol
    oh yea definitely, imagine a day where the Mustang has better mileage than the civic lol that's a disaster

Not talking about the v6... lol

when i drive 6 speed I get a heavy foot! probably wouldn't be fun for my wallet!
    Yeaa man, although I'm cringing at spending just 30 bucks on my gas right now, it sure is a lot better than the dudes playing 100s haha

EDIT: oh yea in my comment forgot you wanted the 5.0 right

Its 91 here on the west coast....but I have a local gas station that sells 116!

I believe its 13.9 gallons

oh yea definitely, imagine a day where the Mustang has better mileage than the civic lol that's a disaster

Yeaa man, although I'm cringing at spending just 30 bucks on my gas right now, it sure is a lot better than the dudes playing 100s haha

EDIT: oh yea in my comment forgot you wanted the 5.0 right
    Hey F U and ur 30 bucks! $110 to fill my truck!
    Hidden Content Go hard or go home, but never go home hardHidden Content

Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

In my '00 Si depending on how -- I drive and if it's stop and go kind of driving or not, up to 400 on a full tank, my average is about 310... (being a little conservative) oh 11 gallon tank I believe.
    Waiting for a '13 Honda Civic Si Sedan in Sunburst Orange Pearl (or Dyno Blue Pearl?)
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

...oorrrr, the new Acura ILX???... Pass, Civic it is.

Hidden Content "Pain is the weakness that is leaving your body." - Author Unknown

"Wherever you go, there you are." - Author Unknown

Multiple Civic MPGs

FYI - I occasionally do new dealer trades, wherein I delivery new cars from Honda dealer to Honda dealer. I've driven about 10 new '12 Civics thus far. On average the highway mileage has been in the 40 to 41 MPG range. Both LX and EX models and usually with the ECON on, but at highway miles I don't believe that makes a difference. Realize all of these cars have only 5-15 miles on them when I pick them up. Haven't had any with odd shifting or unusual drive pattern. These readings were a result of cruise control set at 70 mph, mostly on Interstate roads.

As has been the case for sometime, Honda's written break-in procedures do not require a varying of speeds during highway use. In fact, the '12 Civic Manual doesn't mention a break-in section in the table of contents at all. There is one page where they do mention no full throttle starts or attempts for the first some hundreds of miles. They no longer mention leaving the "from the factory oil" in till the maintenance minder shows to change it.
    Last edited by 9thgencivicforum; 04-30-2011 at 08:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 265 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)