Your current average miles per gallon
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 265 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree524Likes

Thread: Your current average miles per gallon

Your current average miles per gallon

So i have to ask the question. what is the real MPG's you are seeing vs the posted numbers on your window sticker? also how many miles can you squeeze out of one tank? I have to ask as i was in my friends 08 coupe EX last night and she had 220 miles on that tank was still half full! is this typical?
    Hidden Content Go hard or go home, but never go home hardHidden Content

Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

usually the first half will last longer than the second half of the tank. I got on average about 300 miles out of my tank. All highway I could squeeze 330. That was before I put on the supercharger. It dropped to about 275 after, but I drive it a lot harder now. If I drive really hard it only gets about 250.

Big Timer!!!
    In my 08 EX coupe, I average 280-300 with 90% city driving, however when its 50% city and 50% highway I get 350 with a full tank. AND when I drove to Miami, Fl from Philly, PA I got 500 miles with a full tank once on cruise control at 65 mph. I did it intentionally to see how much I would be able to get, then after that I drove normal 70-90 and got a little over 400 with a full tank.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jcr557 View Post
    In my 08 EX coupe, I average 280-300 with 90% city driving, however when its 50% city and 50% highway I get 350 with a full tank. AND when I drove to Miami, Fl from Philly, PA I got 500 miles with a full tank once on cruise control at 65 mph. I did it intentionally to see how much I would be able to get, then after that I drove normal 70-90 and got a little over 400 with a full tank.

wow thats pretty impressive......the most i have ever squeezed out of my Lancer is 255 miles and the gas light was on. which is the reason i had to start this thread....just to see how horrible my mpg's really are! lol

it also makes me wonder what is possible with the 2012 model if you are pulling off those kind of numbers already
    Hidden Content Go hard or go home, but never go home hardHidden Content

Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

real world mpg

still debating on getting a civic. anyone have mpg numbers to post. really interested to see how much you can get with the Econ button on

Have not used the Econ setting but got 36.6mpg on highway.

That's not bad but there have been people in 8ths getting over 40mpgs & there was no ECON button. Then again your just bought the car so the motor needs to break in still so your MPGs should continue to increase.
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage" - Lao Tzu

Yea I think it will. I also don't live in a flat area so that does not help.
    2012 Civic Ex-L
    King of the 9th Gen Hidden Content
    Purchased April 23rd 2011

Only have 250 miles on car. I'm getting, in-town only, MPG of 31.6 over last 40 miles with ECON on. When driving home on Interstate and two lane state highways for 175 miles, I got almost 41 MPG with ECON off.

the Econ button just coaches the driver how to drive economically. like It probably tells you to maintain a good speed or light throttle. I'm sure once you drive with Econ turned on enough times, you won't even need it and can be driving within the Econ button standards without the car telling you what to do and Econ off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 265 1231151101 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)