Poll: Coupe or Sedan - Page 3
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

Poll: What did you get?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Poll: Coupe or Sedan

sedan all the way

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by 9thgen chris View Post
    sedan all the way
    LOL, well I want a sedan for the practical advantages. I'm just wondering if I'd be missing anything by not getting the coupe? Do they handle and accelerate the same?

No HFP kit for the sedan as yet, no idea if one is planned. That seems to be the only thing really notable... bodykit and HFP suspension add-on availability.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildflowers View Post
    Does the Si Coupe have any particular advantage over the Sedan?

Better handling? Lighter? Different suspension tuning? Lower?
    The sedan has 9.5 cubic feet more passenger room than the coupe but is 74 pounds heavier. Also the sedan has a two inch longer wheelbase. This is all information from the Honda site. The suspension "should" be the same but I'm not quite positive about that (they have the same size sway bars at least). You would have to look at that dealer handbook to see what the difference in ground clearance is between the two. Other than that, as neteng101 said, I think the only thing is that the sedans will probably get the HFP body kit and suspension after the coupe if they're actually two different suspensions.

Coupe > Sedan in every way

Sedan ftw. Got rid of my 8th coupe for my FB6. No regrets.

I'm also not 20 anymore. The sedan is a much more convenient as I don't need to contort myself to get things in and out of the rear seat.
    1989 CRX Si, 2012 Civic Si Sedan, Lots of Honda Motorcycles. **FORMER 8TH GEN OWNER IN REMISSION**

I chose the Sedan for 2 reasons.
    Practicality of having 4 doors, makes it easier to utilize the space.
    And the look of it.
    I find the angles on the sedan vs the coupe are less 'bubble-like'.. especially at boot of the car.
    Just sharper angles on the sedan.
    I uploaded this pic just to kinda show what I mean.

The rear of the coupe is just too round for me. But the front end looks sportier on the coupe, but I live in Ontario, so the license plate just ruins it anyway.
    2012 Honda Civic Si 4dr PMM Hidden Content got it Aug 25 '11
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by Naos View Post
    But the front end looks sportier on the coupe...
    I noticed that too! Still, the Coupe and Sedan each have their good angles it seems

I see that the coupe is 1.5" shorter, but I can't imagine that'd make much of a handling difference? It's just that I swear I read somewhere a review saying that the coupe was more agile, quicker to respond than the sedan. I could be wrong, lol.

But yes, I too want that four-door ease and practicality, so it'd have to be a pretty big difference to sway me

Sedan for me...I have kiddies!!
    *12' Civic Si 4dr. PMM
    Member ID #865
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #29
    *03' S2000
    *Porsche Turbo S
    *12' Pilot EX-L

Si sedans are quite in demand in seems, whenever I do a search for Si in the area, they seem harder to get at the moment. In the end I suspect practicality wins out most times given the price differences are almost a wash.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)